Waiting On Wednesday (36) Going Vintage


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

Expected publication: March 26th 2013 by Bloomsbury

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The story of a girl figuring out the truths and illusions of life and love, both in the nostalgic past and in the very real now. Laugh-out-loud humor combines with a hint of romance in this delightful contemporary novel.

The cure for a broken heart? Go vintage and live like it’s 1962! Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, isn’t just cheating on her. He’s cheating with an online girlfriend. So Mallory decides to swear off boys and modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to “go vintage” and return to a simpler time. She sets out to complete grandma’s list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous.
The list proves to be trickier than it looks. Obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how intriguing she finds Oliver (er, Jeremy's cousin). But with the help of her sister, Mallory will finish the list and find peace. Somehow.

Why I Want To Read It:

I love a good contemporary, and Going Vintage sounds like it will be a very interesting read. Funny AND romantic? Just what I like. 1962 indeed. What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds super cute! It's on my wishlist as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds cute and funny. Would be fun to go steady and live in the old days. Although I wouldn't dare try to sew my own dress. Great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fun. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This book sounds really cute!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this one awhile back on WoW day! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one just sounds awesome! I can't wait to see how living a vintage lifestyle works out for Mallory!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.