Movie Review: Remember Me


Title: Remember Me
Starring: Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin
Release Date: March 12, 2010
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Runtime: 1 hour 53 minutes

Tagline: Live in the moments.

Storyline:

A romantic drama set in New York City, where Tyler, a rebellious young man, meets Ally through a twist of fate. Her spirit helps him heal after a family tragedy, though soon the circumstances that brought them together threaten to tear them apart.

The Good:

Robert Pattinson. Mmmmm. Even with his face beat up for the first half, he's nice to look at. Yes, I'm shallow at times. What can I say? Seriously though, I really enjoyed the story. I also really loved Tyler (Robert) with his little sister. He was so darn cute!

The Bad:

The acting isn't all that great. I thought Robert was really good, but the rest of the cast was just okay. Pierce Brosnan and Chris Cooper were just awful. They were almost bad enough to ruin the movie.

The Ugly Cry:

Have tissues on standby. The last 5 minutes of this movie absolutely gutted me.

If this were a book:

OMG, I would definitely read this! Especially if it was from Tyler's POV. He was so full of angst and emotion. I would love to get to know him better and find out what was going on in that brain of his.

Final Thoughts:

I remember Robert filming this back during the Twilight hoopla. I waited for it to come out on dvd instead of seeing it at the theater. Somehow I had avoided spoilers about the ending, so I was really (really!) surprised. Shocked. Stunned.

Robert turns in an awesome performance, definitely better than in the Twilight movies. I've watched Remember Me several times and it always hits me really hard, but it's definitely worth watching more than once just to experience the emotions.


*Movie Reviews inspired by Chick Lit Fridays at Pinkindle Reads & Reviews.*

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.