Movie Review: The Longest Ride


Title: The Longest Ride
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Runtime: 2 hrs 8 min
Starring: Scott Eastwood and Britt Robertson
Release Date: April 10, 2015
Genre: Drama, Romance

Storyline: The lives of a young couple intertwine with a much older man, as he reflects back on a past love.

The Good:

Scott Eastwood is super cute and adorable. And easy on the eyes. And every now and then he sounds just like his dad. Did I mention that he's super cute and adorable? Because he is. Super. Cute. Adorable. Scott. Eastwood. Ahem, I thought I was moving on from him, and then I watched Taylor Swift's Wildest Dreams video and my love was rekindled. Oh. My.

Alan Alda (Ira) was really good, and I liked his character. The couple that plays Ira and his wife Ruth when they were younger were awesome. I really loved them. They were so cute! I could have watched them all day.

The Bad:

I didn't really like the female lead, Britt Robertson. She was bland and just didn't seem natural, so it was hard for me to like her character.

If this were a book:

Eeks. I don't read Nicholas Sparks anymore. Not only do I not like the formulaic plots, I can't stand the death that is always present in his stories. My heart and my eyes can only take so much sadness.

Final Thoughts:

I ended up enjoying this more than I thought I would, so that's something. Scott Eastwood was a pleasant surprise. But Ira and Ruth were my saving grace, and the movie wouldn't mean as much to me if I didn't like them so much. They deserve their own movie!

Even if you don't like Nicholas Sparks movies, this is definitely worth watching at least once.


*Movie Reviews inspired by Chick Lit Fridays at Pinkindle Reads & Reviews.*

I'm going to finish this review with a bit of eye candy. You're Welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.