Review: Ready to Fall (Wingmen #1) by Daisy Prescott

Ready to Fall (Wingmen #1)Ready to Fall (Wingmen #1) by Daisy Prescott

Publication Date: May 2016
Page Count: 274
Source: Amazon Kindle

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Tall, dark, and handsome is an understatement when it comes to John Day. With rugged good looks, his ever present plaid shirt, and a dog named Babe, John is a modern alpha male lumberjack.

After his favorite neighbor rents out her beach cabin for the winter, John finds himself playing fireman and tour guide to Diane Watson, a beautiful brunette with her own messy past and recent battle scars.

Will he be ready to fall in love? Or will he go back to his old, flirty ways?

Hold onto your heart as John Day tells his story in this male POV contemporary adult romance/romantic comedy.

Ready to Fall is the first novel in the Wingmen series, a spin-off from Modern Love Stories. Each book is a standalone with no cliffhanger.


 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

I wasn't sure what to expect when I downloaded Ready to Fall, but it turned out to be quite an enjoyable romance. It was a pretty simple story without a lot of conflict, which made it a quick and easy read. I found John and Diane to be very likable, both alone and together, and I enjoyed reading about their relationship. I really loved the banter and dialogue between them! This was written from John's POV, and while this was different and refreshing, it also kept throwing me for a loop. It was only every now and then that this aspect wasn't working for me because it didn't feel like a male action or response. But this small issue didn't really take away my enjoyment of the book. Overall, this was a sweet contemporary that deserves a solid 4 stars. I'll definitely have to check out this author's other books.

 photo 4 star WfW_zpsohgdf5sv.png
4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.