Review: To the Stars (Thatch #2) by Molly McAdams

To the Stars (Thatch #2)To the Stars (Thatch #2) by Molly McAdams

Publication Date: February 9, 2016
Page Count: 384
Published by: William Morrow Paperbacks
Source: borrowed from library

Synopsis from Goodreads:

He promised to wait for her.
She told him he was wasting his time.
Not waiting for him ended up being the biggest mistake of her life.

When they were younger, Knox Alexander swore to Harlow Evans that he would wait for her to turn eighteen so they could be together. But that was three and a half years away, and Harlow couldn’t ask him to give up all the fun and thrills of going away to college for her. As the years passed, Knox remained a constant in her life—whether she liked it or not—but when her eighteenth birthday came around, Harlow’s heart belonged to someone else.

Every day for the last four years, Harlow has been haunted by that fateful choice. And though he may appear unaffected by what happened in their past, Knox has always tried to fill the void Harlow left. But when he comes stumbling back into her life and refuses to leave, will Harlow finally let him into her heart…?

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

To say this was another angsty and emotional story from Molly McAdams would be an understatement. Just wow. This book was twisted and disturbing, which made it very difficult to read.

I feel really bad about saying this, but it was hard for me to summon the correct amount of sympathy for Harlow. There was just something that was holding me back because I couldn't connect with her. Don't get me wrong, because I don't think she deserved anything that happened to her. She was in a crappy situation with her piece of shit husband, and I desperately wanted her to have a better life.

I liked Knox because he seemed to be a real stand up guy and a loyal friend. He's the kind of guy that would have been everything to Harlow if she had just let him. After Harlow broke his heart, he wouldn't let another girl get close to him. He spent his time working, hanging with his friends, and sleeping around. And he did a lot of sleeping around, which I didn't like. But once he saw Harlow as an adult, I knew he would do anything to protect her.

Knox's best friends, Graham and Deacon, made me angry with they way they treated Knox and Harlow early in their relationship, and then again when Knox and Harlow reconnected as adults. I was so happy when they became overprotective and big brotherly once they realized what Harlow had been through with her husband.

There were a few plot holes in this story, and you'll have to suspend your common sense a few times, but this turned out to be a pretty good book. Molly McAdams managed to deliver another angst filled story that had my feelings bouncing all over the place.

 photo 3 star WfW_zpsgrskuj2d.png
My rating: 3 stars

Official Song

They Don't Know About Us by One Direction

"People say we shouldn’t be together
We're too young to know about forever
But I say they don’t know what they're talkin’ about

'Cause this love is only getting stronger
So I don’t wanna wait any longer
I just wanna tell the world that you're mine, girl"

"They don't know how special you are
They don't know what you've done to my heart
They can say anything they want 'cause they don't know us"

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read more by Molly and this seems right up my alley because I like emotional stories. The blurb makes me feel sad for the two and I wish they could have stayed together by the time she reached eighteen, but then that would have been too perfect, huh? Seems like a tough story with a lot of intense moments but glad there's resolution at the end for the characters. Thanks for your honest review. Seems like a good read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.