Review: Cupcake Overload (Cupcakes, #2) by Bethany Lopez

Cupcake Overload (Cupcakes, #2)Cupcake Overload (Cupcakes, #2) by Bethany Lopez

Publication Date: August 22, 2016
Page Count: 266
Source: Purchased

Synopsis from Goodreads:

One night I was out with my girls enjoying a much needed ladies night while wondering if one more dirty martini would push me over the edge. The next thing I knew, I was in the club’s bathroom listening to a woman screaming, “No,” and a man’s voice growling, “I know you want it.”

That asshole picked the wrong restroom, in the wrong club, at the wrong time.

Little did I know the asshole was Cade’s VP, and although we saved that woman from his clutches that night, she’d be found floating in a motel pool a month later.

Running a PI firm is a lot harder than taking pictures for one, especially when your professional life spills over into your personal one. I’m going through cupcakes like our new puppy goes through piddle pads, and if I’m not careful there’s bound to be a Cupcake Overload.

WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE, SEX, SOME VIOLENCE, AND SHENANIGANS. IF NONE OF THAT BOTHERS YOU, GRAB A CUPCAKE AND READ ON!

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

This book is full of cupcakes and crazy! Just like the first book, I loved the way the story played out. I also really loved the characters. Lila is just unusual enough to be interesting. Her no nonsense personality helped her transition seamlessly into running her new PI firm. She's such a hoot, and her inner dialogue made me laugh out loud. I loved hot, motorcycle riding Cade. He ended up being such a great guy, and a wonderful addition to Lila's family. He was a perfect mix of wild, sexy, and sweet. What more could you ask for in a guy? I also really liked Lila's friends and their escapades. They were such a fun loving group of really strong women.

This was a fun story, full of mystery and romance, and it made me smile and feel good afterwards. This may not be a typical romance, but it was a really great book!

 photo 4 star WfW_zpsohgdf5sv.png
4 Stars

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, the story sounds enlightening. Great review. I'll be sure to add it to my tbr.

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like characters with a no nonsense personality and Lila sounds like my kind of girl. It definitely seems like an entertaining story. Nice review. Glad you enjoyed it :)

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.