Review: So Cute It Hurts!!, Vol. 07 by Gō Ikeyamada

So Cute It Hurts!!, Vol. 07So Cute It Hurts!!, Vol. 07 by Gō Ikeyamada

Publication Date: June 7, 2016
Page Count: 192
Published by: VIZ Media LLC
Source: Library

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Megumu has once again switched places with her brother, just in time to encounter Akechi’s newest student—the angry guy she met in the park! Chiharu Uesugi knows something about Aoi’s past, and seems determined to take him down. Megumu wants to protect her boyfriend, but will she be able to foil whatever nefarious plan Uesugi has cooked up when he blackmails her into a date?!

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

In an interesting turn of events, an old friend of Aoi's has shown up claiming he has secrets about Aoi and what happened to his eye. Uesugi holds a grudge against Aoi, so Aoi immediately goes into protective mode and tries to push Mego away to keep her safe. But you just know that Mego is not going to let that happen! She decides it's up to her to keep Aoi safe from Uesugi, and she certainly put herself in danger while doing it!

I was hoping that Uesugi would show a romantic interest in Megu. But then he went and acted like a sexist pig, and I just wanted him to stay far away from her. So now I have my doubts if he can pull off being a rival for her affections.

Do you see the cover for this volume? That scene in the book was too adorable. I love that Aoi and Megu will do anything for each other. I just hope they start working together to find their happiness.

I really enjoyed reading this volume since there was just enough cuteness between Aoi and Megu to keep me interested. I have the next 2 volumes waiting for me to read, and I can't wait to crack them open and find out what secrets Uesugi is keeping.

 photo 4 star WfW_zpsohgdf5sv.png
4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.