Waiting On Wednesday (78) Wild Cards


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

 photo WildCards_zps06fba611.jpg

Expected publication: October 1st 2013 by Walker Books for Young Readers

Synopsis From Goodreads:

After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?

Why do I want to read this? Seriously? It's Simone Elkeles! Duh. I really love the cover and the synopsis sounds awesome. And I think it will make an excellent birthday present for myself. I marked this book to read on Goodreads on March 6, 2012, so I have been waiting for this book/series for a LONG time!

20 comments:

  1. This is a new one to me. Thanks for bringing to my attention. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, second time I've seen this one today, but it's the first time I've seen it in general! I actually haven't read anything by Simone Elkeles, but I have seen a lot of her books' covers. This one is a good one! I hope you get to read it soon! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try her Perfect Chemistry series, it's really good.

      Delete
  3. I can´t wait to read this book, I loved The Perfect Chemistry Trilogy and Leaving Paradide duology.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I adored the Perfect Chemistry books. I really liked Leaving Paradise, but I didn't really like Return to Paradise very much. But this new series looks really good!

      Delete
  4. I want to read this one just because I've really enjoyed The Perfect Chemistry. I hope this one will have some swoon-worthy boys :) Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never got into the author's other series, but this does sound interesting. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this sounds interesting. Nice pick.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Simone Elkeles!!! I <3 all her books :) This sounds like a really interesting and different kind of love story. I've never read a book in which the girl is part of the football team. Its pretty cool actually! Will so be waiting on this with you!!

    -Awesometastic WoW pick Sandra :)
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo! I just recently discovered this one. Sounds fabulous! Great pick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds like a good read! :D
    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did anyone NOT pick this book for their WoW this week? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds different! Very interesting. Good pick.

    Here’s My WoW!

    Michelle :)
    Author, PODs available June 4th
    Milayna available March 11, 2014
    The Infected, a PODs novel available November 2014

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read a Simone Elkeles novel yet. *ducks head* I do OWN the Ruined books, though. This one sounds like it could be really good. Gonna have to add it to the TBR, I suppose. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE all things Simone Elkeles! So excited about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard Simone Elkeles is a great writer. This one looks so awesome! And that cover is gorgeous. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I knew I'd be seeing this one alot today after the gorgeous cover was revealed! I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, a new book for my wish list! I hadn't seen this one before, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.