Waiting On Wednesday (134) No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown @JayeRobinBrown

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my absolute favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo NoPlaceToFall_zps5cf1d556.jpg

Expected publication: December 9th 2014 by Harper Teen

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Amber Vaughn is a good girl. She sings solos at church, babysits her nephew after school, and spends every Friday night hanging out at her best friend Devon’s house. It’s only when Amber goes exploring in the woods near her home, singing camp songs with the hikers she meets on the Appalachian Trail, that she feels free—and when the bigger world feels just a little bit more in reach.

When Amber learns about an audition at the North Carolina School of the Arts, she decides that her dream—to sing on bigger stages—could also be her ticket to a new life. Devon’s older (and unavailable) brother, Will, helps Amber prepare for her one chance to try out for the hypercompetitive arts school. But the more time Will and Amber spend together, the more complicated their relationship becomes . . . and Amber starts to wonder if she’s such a good girl, after all.

Then, in an afternoon, the bottom drops out of her family’s world—and Amber is faced with an impossible choice between her promise as an artist and the people she loves. Amber always thought she knew what a good girl would do. But between “right” and “wrong,” there’s a whole world of possibilities.

A contemporary about love, relationships, and music? Count me in! Aaaaand, on a shallow note, I love the cover. This one doesn't come out until December, but you know I have an arc that I'm dying to read!

What are you waiting on this week? PLEASE pretty please leave a link to your WoW post so I can return the visit.

30 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Doesn't really sound like my kind of read but still hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I have a copy of this one too, it is really hard to not read it right now. December is so far away. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always add my arcs to my tbr list the month before they come out. It's so hard to resist reading them early!
      Thanks for visiting today!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know, right? I hope we both enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Ooo, I've seen this around Twitter a lot! I decided against a review copy, but it does sound good. I hope you read and love it, Sandra!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I contemplated whether or not to get a review copy. But I like the sound of it, so I definitely want to read it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This is the first I am seeing of this one and it does look good. Thanks for posting about it and putting it on my radar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read this! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. This one is really sweet - great pick and thanks for sharing
    I hope you get to enjoy it a lot :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just been having tons of cover envy this morning. This is another great one!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound interesting! I like books that deal with the arts; I wish I was more artistic.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stories involving art schools. Probably because I'm not artistic and I can't sing worth a darn.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I hope you enjoy the arc when you get the chance to read it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I put this on my TBR -- can't believe I'm thinking about books that come out in December!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! December seems so far away! It only came on my radar after someone else's WoW post a while back. Now I'm thinking about it again because I have the arc. I'll be waiting a while before reading it, but it's always good to plan my arc reading list far in advance so I don't overextend myself. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. I'm excited for this one, too. I love that cover and am almost always a fan of contemporaries. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I totally love the cover, too! This definitely sounds cute and I like the music aspect, too. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW if you're interested (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, that cover is kinda cute. ;) Hope you'll enjoy this ARC, contemporary stories with sports and fine arts are my favorites, if I pick up anything along the line. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read this! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Looks pretty interesting and I love that cover, :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.