Waiting On Wednesday (229) Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood

 photo WoW_zpsefugwmrq.png


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo WildSwans_zpselzt5lnw.jpg

Expected publication: May 3rd 2016 by Sourcebooks Fire

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The summer before Ivy’s senior year is going to be golden; all bonfires, barbeques, and spending time with her best friends. For once, she will just get to be. No summer classes, none of Granddad’s intense expectations to live up to the family name. For generations, the Milbourn women have lead extraordinary lives—and died young and tragically. Granddad calls it a legacy, but Ivy considers it a curse. Why else would her mother have run off and abandoned her as a child?

But when her mother unexpectedly returns home with two young daughters in tow, all of the stories Ivy wove to protect her heart start to unravel. The very people she once trusted now speak in lies. And all of Ivy’s ambition and determination cannot defend her against the secrets of the Milbourn past…

Another contemporary this week. I have an eArc that I will be reading soon, and I hope I like it!

What are you waiting on this week?

28 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing this one around a bit lately! Not my kind of read but hope you love it once you read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this one a bit back. I am excited for this one too. looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read this Jenn. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I don't read a lot of contemporary fiction, but this one does sound interesting! The cover is gorgeous too (I'm a sucker for a good cover)! I hope you love it :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, got me curious. Looks like a good one for summer time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does sound like a good summer read! Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  5. Great pick-- hope that you can read it and enjoy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the most part I don't read YA contemporaries. But I hope you will get this soon and love it! Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love family secrets, so this one is up there with others I want. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read this Laurel. Thank you for stopping by today.

      Delete
  8. This sounds really good and I had no idea she was coming out with something new so yay for that! I hope you end up loving this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a contemporary, so it's different for her. (I also just borrowed A Tyranny of Petticoats from the library, an anthology that she is included in.)
      Thanks for stopping by today Ali.

      Delete
  9. Oh this sounds good, I kind of love books about the summer before college!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read this Eva. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this one, but I hope it doesn't disappoint! Thanks for stopping by.

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover is gorgeous!!! It's unbelievable. Thanks for sharing, I haven't seen this before so yay for new books!

    PS, I'm a new follower of yours♥ I'm in love with your blog. It's SO pretty :)
    Jumana @ Books by Jay
    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the first time I've seen this book! I guess it's getting to be close to that time, where we get all our nice summery, sweet contemporary books~ Thanks for sharing it!

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Contemporary YA isn't always my thing, but that summary sure is interesting. Good pick!

    Leeanna.me: WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not read a Spotswood book in so long! I liked Born Wicked but never continued with the series. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Sandra. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just reading the synopsis makes me want to cry....but I think this book will be well worth it! I'm very intrigued about Ivy's family, and how everything she thought she knew about them will be turned upside down. I'd also like to know just why her mother left her, only to return with TWO daughters! I want to hate her for leaving Ivy, but I guess I should hold back my judgment until I find out why she did what she did. GREAT pick!! :)

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my WOW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pick this week :D I hope you will end up loving this one the most. <3 I have read it.. a three star from me, not the best, but I did like it even so :) It was pretty good. Mostly :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.