Waiting On Wednesday (234) Charged (Saints of Denver #2) by Jay Crownover

 photo WoW_zpsefugwmrq.png


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo Charged_zpscgbyycgx.jpg

Expected publication: May 24th 2016 by William Morrow Paperbacks
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Avett Walker and Quaid Jackson’s worlds have no reason to collide. Ever. Quaid is a high powered criminal attorney as slick as he is handsome. Avett is a pink-haired troublemaker with a bad attitude and a history of picking the wrong men.

When Avett lands in a sea of hot water because of one terrible mistake, the only person who can get her out of it is the insanely sexy lawyer. The last thing on earth she wants to do is rely on the no-nonsense attorney who thinks of her as nothing more than a nuisance. He literally has her fate in his hands. Yet there is something about him that makes her want to convince him to loosen his tie and have a little fun…with her.

Quaid never takes on clients like the impulsive young woman with a Technicolor dye job. She could stand to learn a hard lesson or two, but something about her guileless hazel eyes intrigues him. Still, he’s determined to keep their relationship strictly business. But doing so is becoming more impossible with each day he spends with her.

As they work side-by-side, they’ll have to figure out a way to get along and keep their hands off each other—because the chemistry between them is beyond charged.

I have this to read for review, and I'm trying to go into with an open mind. I actually really like Quaid from the little bit I got of him in Built. It's Avett that I'm having a hard time with. I just haven't liked her since she came on the scene in the previous series (Marked Men.) So, I will attempt to read this while trying to forget why I dislike her. Wish me luck.

PS. I don't like the cover either. But maybe that's just me.

What are you waiting on this week?

22 comments:

  1. I hate that you have a bad taste for the main gal character. Hopefully this one will change your mind.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the cover isn't the best, but hopefully it is a good enough read to change your mind about the female lead. It sounds like a good summer romance read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided I just won't look at the cover, then I won't have to think about how much I dislike it! And I'm trying hard to give the girl a break so I can enjoy this book. Thanks for stopping by today Roo!

      Delete
  3. Already I'm annoyed with Avett! But I am very curious...and that Quaid sounds pretty good. Enjoy! Here's mine: “THIS MUST BE THE PLACE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I've only read the first two books in the Marked Men series, but loved them! So have I met Avett yet? I can't decide on this series. The guy on the cover of the first one is so not my type of guy. I'm not a fan of facial hair like he has. But, I just love this author so much so far, and this one sounds good! Thanks for sharing this one and stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Avett was introduced in the third book, which is Rome.
      I binge read the entire Marked Men series from my library. They're not the absolute best, but I can say they are addicting.
      Thanks for stopping by Lisa!

      Delete
  5. Fingers crossed that you'll like the lead a bit better this time around! At any rate, it does seem pretty steamy, and that's always good, right? ;)

    I picked a sexy read for this week's WoW, too. XD

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Love this author and can't wait to read this one

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading it Eva. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Yeah the cover isn't my fave but I hope you enjoy it!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10736”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of this one! I had the pleasure of meeting Jay back in September - she is hilarious. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck in forgetting why you dislike her :D And yes, the cover isn't really that great- but hope you enjoy this book anyway, Sandra! Thanks for stopping by my WoW :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time I hear of this book and author. I agree that the cover is rather tasteless and tacky. However, the story does sound good! I really hope you're able to enjoy it, despite not liking one of the main characters. But maybe Avett will grow on you! I sure hope you do enjoy this one!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own WOW post!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.