Waiting On Wednesday (239) Enter Title Here by Rahul Kanakia

 photo WoW_zpsefugwmrq.png


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo EnterTitleHere_zps5acnzbid.jpg

Expected publication: August 2nd 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

Synopsis from Goodreads:

I’m your protagonist—Reshma Kapoor—and if you have the free time to read this book, then you’re probably nothing like me.

Reshma is a college counselor’s dream. She’s the top-ranked senior at her ultra-competitive Silicon Valley high school, with a spotless academic record and a long roster of extracurriculars. But there are plenty of perfect students in the country, and if Reshma wants to get into Stanford, and into med school after that, she needs the hook to beat them all.

What's a habitual over-achiever to do? Land herself a literary agent, of course. Which is exactly what Reshma does after agent Linda Montrose spots an article she wrote for Huffington Post. Linda wants to represent Reshma, and, with her new agent's help scoring a book deal, Reshma knows she’ll finally have the key to Stanford.

But she’s convinced no one would want to read a novel about a study machine like her. To make herself a more relatable protagonist, she must start doing all the regular American girl stuff she normally ignores. For starters, she has to make a friend, then get a boyfriend. And she's already planned the perfect ending: after struggling for three hundred pages with her own perfectionism, Reshma will learn that meaningful relationships can be more important than success—a character arc librarians and critics alike will enjoy.

Of course, even with a mastermind like Reshma in charge, things can’t always go as planned. And when the valedictorian spot begins to slip from her grasp, she’ll have to decide just how far she’ll go for that satisfying ending. (Note: It’s pretty far.)

This sounds really different. And I'm trying to think if I've read any YA written by a man. Nothing immediately comes to mind.

What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! That's a new to me one! Hope you enjoy this one once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am raelly really excited for t his one. grea pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is new to me! I know a lot of kids though with the dream of an Ivy league school. Wonder if she makes it, or if she begins to have different dreams.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick ~ it sounds good. Hope you enjoy it!

    Renee My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting book. Thanks so much for spotlighting it today!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10556”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it does sound like a good one! I'm off to add it to my Goodreads TBR. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound different. The cover is also curious. It kinda looks unfinished, but then there are words that pop out when you take the time to really look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of this one, and I can’t wait for it either!! Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.