2013 Reading Challenges

At the beginning of last year I was a sort of new blogger and I didn't participate in any reading challenges. Now that I think I have things more under control, I am participating in 2 challenges. I may even join another one that I am interested in.

I don't think I have set up any unrealistic goals for myself. I am basing my goals on my reading habits from last year, so I think I can be successful.


2013 YA Contemporary Challenge hosted by Katie's Book Blog.

I prefer reading contemporaries, so this challenge is a no-brainer for me this year. I'll go out on a limb here and pick 40 books as my goal. Here are a few books that I am looking forward to reading. (Some of these will also qualify for my Debut Author Challenge!)

1. Golden by Jessi Kirby
2. Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry
3. Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook
4. Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman
5. Just One Year (Just One Day #2) by Gayle Forman
6. All I Need by Susane Colasanti
7. Anthem for Jackson Dawes by Celia Bryce
8. Blaze (or Love in the Time of Supervillains) by Laurie Boyle Crompton
9. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
10. Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
11. Shadowlands (Shadowlands #1) by Kate Brian
12. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
13. Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
14. When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney
15. Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland
16. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
17. If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin
18. Famous Last Words by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
19. Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg
20. The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr
21. Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance
22. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
23. OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu
24. Falling For You by Lisa Schroeder
25. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
26. Leap of Faith by Jamie Blair




2013 Debut Author Challenge hosted by Hobbitsies.

I'm not sure how many books on my 2013 tbr are from debut authors. I am going to pick 10 books as my goal. I think that is a reasonable number.


2013 Standalone Reading Challenge hosted by I Like These Books.


2013 Goodreads Reading Challenge.

Last year my goal was 75 books, and somehow I managed to read 86 books. So I am choosing 75 as my goal again this year. I think it's an attainable number. I have so many books that I am wanting to read. I really wish I had more free time!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with completing the challenges you've set yourself for this year!

    There are a number of books on your list that I hope to read sometime this year too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.