Sunday Updates (36)


Inspired by features from The Sunday Post from Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Sunday Summary from Book Twirps.

I am a day late with my post, but I had a busy weekend, so I give you my Sunday Updates on Monday.... lame title. Whatever. My husband and I have been trying to spend quality time with our kids. Our daughter turned 16 last Monday, and our son turned 19 on Saturday, and it's freaking us out how old they are. Neither one of them is attempting to drive yet, so at least we don't have that to worry about! No boyfriends or girlfriends, so we are thankfully drama free (at least so far!)

I received my first ever ARCs in the mail. Seriously. After 2 years of blogging. Which is way cool with me, because it's not something I have been pursuing. These were offered to me, and I graciously accepted, and now I can't wait to read them!


The Last Forever by Deb Caletti (Courtesy of Simon Pulse)
Bang (Visions #2) by Lisa McMann (Courtesy of Simon Pulse)

 photo Salvage_zps7412867e.jpg photo NoOneElseCanHaveYou_zpseae84872.jpg

eARCs For Review:
(All Courtesy of Harper Collins Children)

Salvage by Alexandra Duncan
No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale

I can't wait to read all of these!!

Reviews posted on my blog last week:

Where My Heart Breaks by Ivy Sinclair
Play by Play (Play Makers #1) by Kate Donovan
Out Of Play by Jolene Perry and Nyrae Dawn

That's it for this week. My birthday is in a few days, and I have asked for a Kindle. I have an HP Touchpad, and I think I want a dedicated ereader. But then again, the new Kindle Paperwhite isn't much cheaper than the new Kindle Fire. Decisions, decisions....

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read Salvage, I hope you enjoy it! And I'll give you my two cents about which Kindle. I actually have both because the regular Kindle (now I guess that is the paperwhite) is great in all conditions, but it's obviously only for books. I love my Kindle Fire and the fact that I can read magazines and I can rent movies, etc but you really can't use it in the sun because of the glare. So if you just want it to read, I would get the paperwhite. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your suggestions. I really wish I could have both, but I'm trying not to be greedy! Now I see they have the Kindle Fire HDX coming out in a few weeks. Gah! Too many choices. I think I will go to the store and check them all out first. Then I'll use the puppy dog eyes on my husband and blink, blink, blink until I get the one that I want. That works every time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.