Waiting On Wednesday (614) The Unlikely Heir (Unlikely Dilemmas #1) by Jax Calder

Expected Publication: August 24, 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

What happens when the Prince of Wales falls in love with the Prime Minister?

My boring life working in an insurance call center in sunny California just took an unexpected turn. Thanks to my misbehaving relatives, I’ve leapt from obscurity to royalty as the new heir to the British throne.

But my welcome in England is about as warm as the weather. I arrive to discover a country horrified at the thought of an American version of Prince Charming and ready to revolt against the monarchy. I vow to my grandmother, the Queen, that I will do everything possible to help her save the crown.

Unfortunately, royal life isn’t easy. From bewildering traditions, traitorous friends, and malevolent swans, the only thing I’m succeeding in is providing entertainment for the tabloids and social media trolls.

And then the broodingly handsome Prime Minister, Oliver Hartwell, bursts into my life.

With his meteoric rise from poverty to the most powerful man in the country, Oliver understands my current plight. Innocent messages of support turn into late-night chats—and unexpected feelings.

But there’s one major problem. The royal family must remain politically neutral at all times.

So how can I keep my promise to save the monarchy when I’m falling in love with the Prime Minister?


The premise seems a little far fetched, but what the heck, let's go with it! I haven't read anything by this author before, and the only reason this book piqued my interest is because of the hype around Red, White and Royal Blue (the movie.) Which I haven't read yet because it's listed as YA, but now I want to watch the movie. I'm supposed to have foot surgery soon, so I have it on my list of 'things I want to watch while I'm unfortunately sitting on my ass for 3-4 weeks'.

What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.