Waiting On Wednesday (46) What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

My choice for this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton

Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: October 9th 2012 by Poppy (Little Brown Books for Young Readers)

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
Synopsis From Goodreads:
How can you talk about something you can’t remember?

Before the ski trip, sixteen-year-old Cassidy “Sid” Murphy was a cheerleader (at the bottom of the pyramid, but still...), a straight-A student, and a member of a solid trio of best friends. When she ends up on a ski lift next to handsome local college boy, Dax Windsor, she’s thrilled; but Dax takes everything from Sid—including a lock of her perfect red curls—and she can’t remember any of it.

Back home and unable to relate to her old friends, Sid drops her college prep classes and takes up residence in the A/V room with only Corey “The Living Stoner” Livingston for company. But as she gets to know Corey (slacker, baker, total dreamboat), Sid finds someone who truly makes her happy. Now, if she can just shake the nightmares and those few extra pounds, everything will be perfect... or so she thinks.

I have had this stand-alone contemporary book on my TBR for quite a while. It sounds like this will be an emotional read, so I better keep the tissues within reach.

What are you waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a new follower. My WoW - http://www.wordsfueledbylove.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-opal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one to read alongside some tissues! It does sound really interesting, so I hope it's as good as it sounds.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of this one! I don't really go for contemps, but still hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this book before and since it isn't in my usual array of genres I probably wouldn't have otherwise so thank you for sharing it! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick this week! I don't usually read contemporary, but I love the sound of this one.

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love contemporary. This sounds right up my alley. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I added this to my TBR list recently - sounds good!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my most anticipated contemporaries! I can't wait to read it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really into contemporaries lately, and this one sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this sounds really interesting :) I am loving contemporaries at the moment! This is out today too, woohoo. Def going to check it out :) Thank you for sharing. I love your 'Waiting on Wednesday' logo at the top, so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope my library gets this book in. I really want to read it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.