Waiting On Wednesday (121) Nantucket Red (Nantucket #2) by Leila Howland @leilahowland

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my absolute favorite day of the week! It's not always Winds-day (thanks Pooh!) but it's still a great day to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo NantucketRed2_zpsf09c19e7.jpg

Expected publication: May 13th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Cricket Thompson's lifetime of overachieving has paid off: she's headed to Brown University in the fall, with a spot on the lacrosse team and a scholarship that covers almost everything. Who knew living in the dorm cost money? An Ivy League education seems to mean living at home for the next four years.

When Cricket is offered the chance to earn enough cash to afford a real college experience, she heads back to Nantucket for the summer. But the faraway island challenges Cricket in ways she hadn't anticipated. It's hard to focus on earning money for next year, when she finds her world opening up in entirely new ways-to art, to travel, and, most unexpectedly, to a future completely different from the one she has been working toward her whole life. A friendship blossoms with Ben, the gorgeous surfer and bartender who encourages Cricket to be free, even as she smarts at the pain of seeing Zack, her first love, falling for her worst enemy.

But one night, when Cricket finally lets herself break all her own rules, she realizes she may have ruined her carefully constructed future with one impulsive decision. Cricket must dig deep to fight for her future, discovering that success isn't just about reaching goals, but also about listening to what she's been trying to ignore-her own heart.

I really enjoyed reading Nantucket Blue. It was such a fun summer story, and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

What are you waiting on this week?

30 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Not really my kind of read but still hope you absolutely love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one nice pick - will add it!

    Check out our WOW.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I have not read the first book! I generally love Disney's books, so I might give this series a shot. I'm not a big contemporary person, but this series has gotten good reviews! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Sandra!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book WAS really good! You should definitely give it a chance. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read the first one yet, but I hear great things!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read book one yet, but I'm always up for cute summer read! I'll have to check both out! Lovely pick, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adored Nantucket Blue, and I am looking forward to reading this one too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know it was going to be a series until recently, so I'm so freaking happy. I just get the feels from reading the summary and knowing all the possibilities.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This being a series came as a surprise to me too. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Ahhh I so need to read Nantucket Blue!!! I've been in the mood for a good summer read(: Awesome pick hun! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nantucket Blue is a perfect 'summer' read! I hope you get the chance to read it AND Nantucket Red. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Ah, yes, Nantucket Red. I have an ARC of this. I can't seem to get through all my ARCs fast enough, but I know I'll be reading this. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a hard time getting to all of my arcs too! I need to read faster... or have more hours in my day. I hope we both get the chance to read this soon. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this series - sounds good!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nantucket Blue was a really cute summer read. I hope you get the chance to read it and Nantucket Red too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Oh man, that reminds me I still need to read Nantucket Blue! Maybe I'll read them both one after another. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read both of these. Nantucket Blue was really cute, and I'm hoping Nantucket Red will be just as good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. I am excited for this one too, hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my 'schedule' to read soon! I hope we both enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. I still need to read the first one. Great pick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read both of these. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Oh my gosh...I REALLY can't wait for this one either! I only learned of its existence about 2 weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about it for a long time either! I learned about it from someone else's WoW post. Nantucket Blue was great as a stand alone. I hope we both enjoy Nantucket Red. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  15. I haven't read this series, but the cover of that is really sweet. Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nantucket Blue is a great summer time read. I'm hoping Nantucket Red will be just as awesome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. I was planing on reading the first one a while ago, but never did. I truly hope you'll enjoy this one. Great pick, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read both of these if you enjoy summertime beach contemporaries. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  17. I can't wait to read this one!! It definitely seems like a great summer read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a good summertime read, just like the first book. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.