Waiting On Wednesday (123) Through to You by Lauren Barnholdt

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my absolute favorite day of the week! Even if it's not a Winds-day (thanks Pooh!) it's still a great day to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo ThroughToYou_zps2825f284.jpg

Expected publication: July 8th 2014 by Simon Pulse

Synopsis from Goodreads:

It starts with a scribbled note in class: I like your sparkle. Harper had casually threaded a piece of blue and silver tinsel through her ponytail in honor of school spirit day. And that carefree, corny gesture is what grabs Penn Mattingly’s eye. Penn—resident heartbreaker of the senior class. Reliably unreliable. Trouble with a capital “T.” And okay, smolderingly sexy.

Harper’s surprised by Penn’s attention—and so is Penn. The last thing he needs is a girlfriend. Or even a friend-with-benefits. The note is not supposed to lead to anything.

Oh, but it does. They hang out. They have fun. They talk. They make out. And after a while, it seems like they just click. But Penn and Harper have very different ideas about what relationships look like, in no small part because of their very different family backgrounds. Of course they could talk about these differences—if Penn knew how to talk about feelings.

Harper and Penn understand their attraction is illogical, yet something keeps pulling them together. It’s like a crazy roller coaster—exhilarating, terrifying, and amazing all at once. And neither knows how to stop the ride…

Yes, I chose another contemporary this week. I like the sound of this one, and hopefully it will be a nice, cute read because I've read a few death related books recently that really brought me down. I need to read light and fluffy to balance things out. And on a shallow note, I like the cover.

What are you waiting on this week?

17 comments:

  1. I love reading light and fluffy after hard hitting books! This one sounds like it might be really cute, though it sounds like it could be deep too.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree that it could be deep. I'm hoping it leans more towards cute though. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Nice pick! Not my kind of read, as you may know! But still hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing this one around a lot and definitely sounds like a sweet read. I'm all for the cute contemporaries ;) Also, I like the cover, too! Lovely pick, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in loving cute contemps. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I've only read a couple of Lauren Barnholdt books so far, but a lot of hers sound really good to me. I'm going to be adding this one to my TBR too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually got this one from Edelweiss! I'm not a huge fan of contemporary novels (it seems like you are!), but I am willing to give this one a try. Hopefully it's good! Otherwise it'll be one more contemporary novel that I didn't like :o Hope you love it, Sandra!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this one from EW too. I know not everyone loves contemps as much as I do. Sounds like you have a bad history with contemps, but I hope you enjoy this one! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I hadn't heard of this one, but it does sound cute. I usually like light and fluffy over issue books (especially involving death), so hopefully this one turns out to be that. And it comes out in the summer, and that's the perfect time for a nice light read. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a nice summer read. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. This looks like a nice beach read, I hadn't seen it before! Thanks :)
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
  8. This author has so many really good looking books out and I haven't read any of them! Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is new to me but it sounds really good. I need to get back to contemporary stories as summer is getting closer :) Great pick, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.