Waiting On Wednesday (131) Of Monsters and Madness by Jessica Verday

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my absolute favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo OfMonstersAndMadness_zpsb9fda6b5.jpg

Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: September 9th 2014 by EgmontUSA

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A romantic, historical retelling of classic Gothic horror featuring Edgar Allan Poe and his character Annabel Lee, from a New York Times best-selling author.

Summoned to her father's home in 1820's Philadelphia, a girl finds herself in the midst of a rash of gruesome murders in which he might be implicated. She is torn romantically between her father's assistants-one kind and proper, one mysterious and brooding-who share a dark secret and may have more to do with the violent events than they're letting on.

I was looking forward to reading this one, but I see it's getting some really low ratings on Goodreads..... Luckily for me, I don't read reviews of books I am going to review because I don't want to taint my own experience. I'll be sure to let you know if I enjoy it!

What are you waiting on this week?

32 comments:

  1. I have been excited for this one for a while now! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice creepy read with that cover! Hope you love it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read the reviews before I read my books normally. I have a copy of this one, I am going to hold out hope that it is as amazing as it sounds. Hope it is for you too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really read reviews either and because I love Edgar Allan Poe, there's a pretty big chance I'll be reading this one at some point! Thanks for sharing this one :)
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, Jessica Verday! I liked her previous trilogy. I don't know much about this particular novel! I hope you read and love it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of her previous books, but I'll let you know if I like this one. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. This is a good one and a must for any Poe fan. I finished it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Sounds a bit too creepy for me but I do hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound creepy, I hope it's not too scary for me. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. This one sounds good, even if it's getting low reviews! I say we read it anyways!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be reading it too! I hope we both enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Great cover -- and I agree, sometimes GR is wrong. Always better to make your own decision!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I don't agree with the ratings on GR. I find that a lot of early review ratings are questionable, at least to me. That's why I don't read the actual reviews - I want to make up my own mind. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. This sounds pretty interesting :) I've seen it around and want to check it out. Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. I absolutely love the cover, definitely my kind of read :) Already adding it to my TBR list (:
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading this! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. sounds good, and hope you get to read it soon. happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got this arc I believe. or maybe not. I have no idea. Anyhow it sounds really good and I really hope you'll enjoy it. Great pick, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read this (if you have it!) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. I haven't had the best history with Ms. Verday's books, but this one sounds totally delicious! I must have it! Great pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of her previous books, but this sounded too good to pass up. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. That's such a creepy cover. Gives me the chills. It sounds really intense! I hope you get your hands on a copy soon and enjoy it! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.