Waiting On Wednesday (131) Of Monsters and Madness by Jessica Verday

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my absolute favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo OfMonstersAndMadness_zpsb9fda6b5.jpg

Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: September 9th 2014 by EgmontUSA

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A romantic, historical retelling of classic Gothic horror featuring Edgar Allan Poe and his character Annabel Lee, from a New York Times best-selling author.

Summoned to her father's home in 1820's Philadelphia, a girl finds herself in the midst of a rash of gruesome murders in which he might be implicated. She is torn romantically between her father's assistants-one kind and proper, one mysterious and brooding-who share a dark secret and may have more to do with the violent events than they're letting on.

I was looking forward to reading this one, but I see it's getting some really low ratings on Goodreads..... Luckily for me, I don't read reviews of books I am going to review because I don't want to taint my own experience. I'll be sure to let you know if I enjoy it!

What are you waiting on this week?

32 comments:

  1. I have been excited for this one for a while now! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice creepy read with that cover! Hope you love it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read the reviews before I read my books normally. I have a copy of this one, I am going to hold out hope that it is as amazing as it sounds. Hope it is for you too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's amazing too! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I don't really read reviews either and because I love Edgar Allan Poe, there's a pretty big chance I'll be reading this one at some point! Thanks for sharing this one :)
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Ooo, Jessica Verday! I liked her previous trilogy. I don't know much about this particular novel! I hope you read and love it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of her previous books, but I'll let you know if I like this one. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. This is a good one and a must for any Poe fan. I finished it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Sounds a bit too creepy for me but I do hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound creepy, I hope it's not too scary for me. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. This one sounds good, even if it's getting low reviews! I say we read it anyways!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be reading it too! I hope we both enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Great cover -- and I agree, sometimes GR is wrong. Always better to make your own decision!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I don't agree with the ratings on GR. I find that a lot of early review ratings are questionable, at least to me. That's why I don't read the actual reviews - I want to make up my own mind. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. This sounds pretty interesting :) I've seen it around and want to check it out. Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. I absolutely love the cover, definitely my kind of read :) Already adding it to my TBR list (:
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading this! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. sounds good, and hope you get to read it soon. happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Winds-day!!! Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. I've got this arc I believe. or maybe not. I have no idea. Anyhow it sounds really good and I really hope you'll enjoy it. Great pick, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read this (if you have it!) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. I haven't had the best history with Ms. Verday's books, but this one sounds totally delicious! I must have it! Great pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of her previous books, but this sounded too good to pass up. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. That's such a creepy cover. Gives me the chills. It sounds really intense! I hope you get your hands on a copy soon and enjoy it! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day. This blog is my fun place and is an award-free zone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...