Waiting On Wednesday (216) Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands #1) by Alwyn Hamilton @AlwynFJH

 photo WoW_zpsefugwmrq.png


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo RebelOfTheSands_zps4fwlga3i.jpg

Expected publication: March 8th 2016 by Penguin

Synopsis from Goodreads:

She’s more gunpowder than girl—and the fate of the desert lies in her hands.

Mortals rule the desert nation of Miraji, but mystical beasts still roam the wild and barren wastes, and rumor has it that somewhere, djinni still practice their magic. But there's nothing mystical or magical about Dustwalk, the dead-end town that Amani can't wait to escape from.

Destined to wind up "wed or dead," Amani’s counting on her sharpshooting skills to get her out of Dustwalk. When she meets Jin, a mysterious and devastatingly handsome foreigner, in a shooting contest, she figures he’s the perfect escape route. But in all her years spent dreaming of leaving home, she never imagined she'd gallop away on a mythical horse, fleeing the murderous Sultan's army, with a fugitive who's wanted for treason. And she'd never have predicted she'd fall in love with him...or that he'd help her unlock the powerful truth of who she really is.

I wasn't too sure about this book since it's not what I usually read. But then I read a 2 chapter sampler from the author and immediately added it to my tbr. Now I can't wait to read the whole book!

What are you waiting on this week?

23 comments:

  1. Nice! Been seeing this one around a lot lately! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested in this book as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  3. Great pick, hope you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, it always warms my heart to see this book! I'm so extremely excited for it, you have no idea! I also read that 2 chapter sampler and loved it a lot! I already can't wait to get my hands on it, gaaaah! ♥

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading it Yvonne. Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  5. I need to read this one for sure! I hope you enjoy the whole book, like you did the sampler. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds really good! I can't wait for it either. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good and totally new to me! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by <a href="http://booksconsidered.blogspot.com/2016/01/waiting-on-wednesday-jane-steele-by.html”>my WoW</a></b>!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I AM CURRENTLY READING THIS AND IT IS VERY GOOD!

    My WoW @ Brooke-Reports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am jealous! I'll just have to wait until it's released and buy it. Thanks for stopping by today Brooke.

      Delete
  9. Besides how beautiful the cover is, this one just sounds so good! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am excited for this one too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings Enter my 2nd Annual Blogoversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh I cannot wait to read this book! While I loved the original cover design, this one is great too. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it, Sandra! :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, yes, yes!! From the moment I saw Rebel of the Sands I have been so freaking excited to read it :D Thanks for stopping by yesterday, Sandra!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOOOHH, AWESOME!!!!! I'm waiting on this one, too!! I LOVE everything about this book -- the cover, the plot, the characters.... My one consolation is that, the way time has been flying lately, March will be here before you know it!

    CONGRATS on such an amazing pick!! Also, thanks for visiting my own WOW and commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this cover! This book sounds amazing! I can't wait to read it, either!
    Happy reading!
    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this book looks good, I have it on my goodreads tbr pile-hope you like it!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/wishlist-winning-wednesday-3-glass-theme.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.