Review: The Long Game (The Fixer #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Long Game (The Fixer #2)The Long Game (The Fixer #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Publication Date: June 7, 2016
Page Count: 368
Published by: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Source: eArc from Publisher for review

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The Kendricks help make the problems of the Washington elite disappear. . . . but some secrets won't stay buried.

For Tess Kendrick, a junior at the elite Hardwicke School in Washington D.C., fixing runs in the family. But Tess has another legacy, too, one that involves power and the making of political dynasties. When Tess is asked to run a classmate's campaign for student council, she agrees. But when the candidates are children of politicians, even a high school election can involve life-shattering secrets.

Meanwhile, Tess's guardian has also taken on an impossible case, as a terrorist attack calls into doubt who can – and cannot – be trusted on Capitol Hill. Tess knows better than most that power is currency in Washington, but she's about to discover firsthand that power always comes with a price.

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

This book was freaking awesome! I loved everything about it. The entire story was so entertaining, and all of the elements came together perfectly. This book definitely had more suspense and intrigue than the first book.

This series was full of memorable characters, and I liked so many of them! I especially loved Bodie. He was my favorite character because he always seemed so level headed and managed to take everything in stride. (FYI - He's MINE! So back off.) Tess was strong and kick ass, and it was really hard not to like her. I loved Tess's interactions with her school friends. Once again, Asher was his super cute and adorable self. Henry was mysterious and still a bit too serious. My only problem was that I'm still having a hard time liking Ivy and Adam. I got a bit annoyed every time Ivy and Adam exchanged 'looks', then immediately left the room to so Tess wouldn't hear their discussion. I'm an adult, and I want to know what's going on! So just tell me already!

As in the previous book, the romance was almost non-existent, which actually worked great because it kept the focus more on the action.

The Long Game turned out to be a fast paced thriller that was very hard to put down. I'm really hoping we'll be getting another installment in this series. It just can't end there!

 photo 4.5 star WfW_zpsjdlzyibm.png

My Rating: 4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.