Review: Always Room for Cupcakes (Cupcakes, #1) by Bethany Lopez

Always Room for Cupcakes (Cupcakes, #1)Always Room for Cupcakes (Cupcakes, #1) by Bethany Lopez

Publication Date: February 2, 2016
Page Count: 143
Source: Purchased

Synopsis from Goodreads:

One day I was be-bopping along jamming to the music in my head while wondering if my thighs could handle grabbing a cupcake on the way home. The next thing I knew, my entire world crashed and burned.

I used to wake up at night in a sweat, crying because I’d dreamt that my husband was cheating on me, or that he hated me, and resented my kids. He’d always hold me close and tell me it was all just a dream, that he loved me and our family and that he’d never let me go.

He was a fucking liar.

Now I spend my days taking photos of scum just like him, trying to be a champion for other's being taken advantage of by the losers in our town, and my nights being a single mom to my beautiful twins.

I've got great friends who have my back, and a sexy, mysterious motorcycle man who keeps showing up when I need him. Maybe things are starting to look up, and one thing's for sure... There's always room for cupcakes.

WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE, SEX, SOME VIOLENCE, AND SHENANIGANS. IF NONE OF THAT BOTHERS YOU, GRAB A CUPCAKE AND READ ON!

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

Well, that was certainly different and unexpected. I'm still processing this story, but it was quite good. I don't know why I'm surprised by how much I liked it.

Lila and Cade were both likable characters, and I really enjoyed them together. But I have to admit they did seem to make an odd pair. Lila is a newly divorced single mother, and Cade is a motorcycle riding bad boy who's never had a serious relationship. I have no idea how they are supposed to make things work, I just know they were delightful to read about.

I would describe this novella as a romantic comedy with a touch of mystery. There was a brief incident of violence that I found jarring at the time, but I got over it easily enough.

Overall, I found Always Room for Cupcakes to be highly entertaining. I'm looking forward to reading book #2 and finding out more about the elusive Cade.

 photo 4 star WfW_zpsohgdf5sv.png
4 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, this sounds like a light romance (minus the violent scene), which is precisely what I like. It sounds wonderful, actually. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.