Review: My Unscripted Life by Lauren Morrill

My Unscripted LifeMy Unscripted Life by Lauren Morrill

Publication Date: October 11, 2016
Page Count: 288
Published by: Delacorte
Source: eArc from Publisher for review

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Sometimes love stories go off script.

Another sultry Georgia summer is about to get a lot hotter. Dee Wilkie is still licking her wounds after getting rejected by the precollege fine arts program of her dreams. But if she'd gone away, she wouldn't have been around to say yes to an unbelievable opportunity: working on the set of a movie filming in her small Southern town that just happens to be starring Milo Ritter, the famous pop star Dee (along with the rest of the world) has had a crush since eighth grade.

It's not like Dee will be sharing any screen time with Milo—she's just a lowly PA. And Milo is so disappointingly rude that Dee is eager to stay far away from him. Except after a few chance meetings, she begins to wonder if just maybe there's a reason for his offensive attitude, and if there's more to Milo than his good looks and above-it-all Hollywood pedigree. Can a relationship with a guy like Milo ever work out for a girl like Dee? Never say never. . .

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

Super cute and adorable is the perfect way to describe this book. I picked this up before bed one night and read it all in one sitting because it was just that easy to read. I was really able to get into the story since it moved along so well. And I had to keep reading to find out what would happen next.

I still have enough teenage fangirl in myself that I can appreciate how awesome it would be to meet my crush. That was reason enough for me to fall in love with this story.

Dee and Milo meet each other when Dee starts working behind the scenes on the set where Milo is filming a movie. I found the movie making aspect of the story to be very interesting, and I loved the details that the author included. I also liked that Dee and Milo had valid reasons for spending time together and getting to know each other.

My only problem with this story? I didn't feel any deep connection between Dee and Milo. Sure, they were cute, and it was easy enough to root for them to be a couple, but that doesn't mean they had chemistry or actually made sense together.

My Unscripted Life was just what I needed to read - a fun and light contemporary YA romance with likable characters, an interesting plot, and the perfect Hollywood ending. I highly recommend this book if you're looking for something sweet and fluffy with a 'young' feel to it.

 photo 4 star WfW_zpsohgdf5sv.png

My Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.