Arc Review: Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey #3) by Layla Reyne


Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey #3) by Layla Reyne
Publication Date: August 7, 2017
Page Count: 189
Published by: Carina Press
Source: eArc provided by publisher
Genre: M/M, Law Enforcement, Contemporary, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

FBI agents Aidan "Irish" Talley and Jameson "Whiskey" Walker can't get a moment's peace. Their hunt for the terrorist Renaud seems to be nearing an end, until a fire allows him to slip through their fingers—and puts Jamie's life in danger. When Jamie is nearly killed, Aidan learns how many forms loss can take.

Aidan says I love you just moments before learning that Jamie's been keeping a devastating secret about Aidan's late husband. How quickly trust and love can go up in flames. When Aidan requests a solo undercover assignment, Jamie hopes Aidan will find a way to forgive him.

But the explosions are far from over. Aidan's cover lands him in the heart of the terrorist's conspiracy, and Jamie will have to put his life, his career and his freedom on the line to save the man who has become his entire world. Partners, always is a promise he intends to keep.


You can read my reviews for Books 1 and 2 HERE.

I enjoyed Barrel Proof quite a lot! It had SO many ups and downs that it made my heart hurt at times while reading. Angst overload! I just wanted Aidan and Jamie to be together and be happy. Is that too much to ask?

The story itself was quite fast paced. Aidan and Jamie's relationship took a bit of a backseat to the action, and believe me, there was a LOT of high stakes drama taking place. The guys were put into perilous situations on numerous occasions, and I couldn't help but worry about their ability to come out unscathed.

Overall, this was SUCH an enjoyable conclusion to a really great series. The plot line was wrapped up, and that ending is everything! Definitely put a smile on my face. I enjoyed the great writing and character development throughout the series. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.

This is the 3rd book in the trilogy, so it shouldn't be read as a standalone.

My only drawback in this series was that there were too many characters. Everyone had a full name, a shortened name, a nickname, and an abbreviated professional name. Very confusing at times, even though I previously read books 1 and 2, then did a marathon of all 3 books in 6 days. I really struggled with who's who!

4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.