Review: Diversion (Diversion #1) by Eden Winters



Diversion (Diversion #1) by Eden Winters
Published June 20th 2015 by Rocky Ridge Books (first published March 2012)
Page Count: 238
Genre: M/M, Crime, Contemporary, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

There are good guys, bad guys, and then there’s Lucky.

Former drug trafficker Richmond “Lucky” Lucklighter flaunts his past like a badge of honor. He speaks his mind, doesn’t play nice, and flirts with disaster while working off his sentence with the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau. If he can keep out of trouble a while longer he’ll be a free man–after he trains his replacement.

Textbook-quoting, by the book Bo Schollenberger is everything Lucky isn’t. Lucky slurps coffee, Bo lives caffeine free. Lucky worships bacon, Bo eats tofu. Lucky trusts no one, Bo calls suspects by first name. Yet when the chips are down on their shared case of breaking up a drug diversion ring, they may have more in common than they believe.

Two men. Close quarters. Friction results in heat. But Lucky scoffs at partnerships, no matter how thrilling the roller-coaster. Bo has two months to break down Lucky’s defenses… and seconds are ticking by.


I had a really rough start with Diversion. I was ready to dnf before the 40% mark. I wasn't connecting with the characters, and the writing style was really throwing me off. I just couldn't get in the groove! But then I must have gotten used to it, or the writing got a little bit better. Either way, I started enjoying the story a LOT more.

Lucky turned out to be alright, and I liked him well enough. He wasn't nearly as snarky as I was led to believe, but I did enjoy his inner dialogue a lot. I liked Bo, but I didn't get to know him very well since the story is from Lucky's POV. I'm hoping to get Bo's POV as the series progresses.

I liked Lucky and Bo together because I thought they made sense. They're not necessarily opposites, but they definitely don't seem like couple material. However, I enjoyed seeing their relationship grow and change at work and at home. I especially loved Lucky's reactions every time he realized he was having 'feelings'. Poor guy.

My biggest gripe about this book? How disappointing was that 'reunion' scene! I thought it was seriously lacking any real emotion, and I just really wanted needed more from my guys (especially Bo!)

Even though the story wasn't fast paced or action packed, it was still different and interesting enough to keep me reading to the end. I did end up enjoying the book overall, and I'm looking forward to continuing the series.


My Rating: 4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.