Review: Collusion (Diversion #2) by Eden Winters



Collusion (Diversion #2) by Eden Winters

Published June 20th 2015 by Rocky Ridge Books (first published February 24th 2013)
Page Count: 226
Genre: M/M, Crime, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Dead men can’t love.

Former drug trafficker Richmond “Lucky” Lucklighter “died” in the line of duty while working off a ten-year sentence in service to the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau, only to be reborn as Simon “Lucky” Harrison. The newbie he trained, former Marine Bo Schollenberger, is now his partner on (and maybe off) the job. It’s hard to tell when Lucky doesn’t understand relationships or have a clue what any sane human is doing in his bed. Bo’s nice to have around, sure, but there’s none of that picking-out-china-together crap for Lucky.

While fighting PTSD, memories of a horrid childhood, and a prescription drug addiction, Bo is paying for his mistakes. Using his pharmacy license for the good guys provides the sort of education he never got in school. Undercover with his hard-headed partner, Bo learns that not everything is as it seems in the world of pharmaceuticals.

When a prescription drug shortage jeopardizes the patients at Rosario Children’s Cancer Center, it not only pits Bo and Lucky against predatory opportunists, but also each other. How can they tell who the villains are? The bad guys don’t wear black hats, but they might wear white coats.



I ended up enjoying Collusion more than I did the first book. Lucky is showing more personality this time around, and I love that I get the opportunity to 'see' his innermost thoughts. He has really strong feelings for Bo, even though he is terrified to admit it out loud. Part of Lucky's charm is also part of what frustrates me about him - he really hides his true feelings, especially from Bo. On the surface, it appears that nothing gets to Lucky, but Bo has managed to worm his way into Lucky's heart, and I think he's there to stay.

I'm loving Bo so much more in this book, mostly because of the little things he does for Lucky that shows how much he cares. I also enjoy how much patience he shows when dealing with Lucky's gruffness. I would have preferred Bo having a bigger role in this story so I could spend more time getting to know him.

Lucky and Bo are undercover working on a highly emotional case, and dealing with the bad guys really hits both of them hard. But I love how much effort they put into taking care of each other, both professionally and personally, during trying circumstances. They really do work well together.

I wasn't bored with the case, but what really what kept me interested in the story was Bo and Lucky's relationship. I can't wait to read the next book!


My Rating: 4 Stars


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one! I don't read romance novels but I'm always curious about them so I enjoy reviews on them.

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.