Waiting On Wednesday (344) The Unfortunates by Kim Liggett

Expected publication: July 10th 2018 by Tor Teen


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, previously hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When seventeen-year-old senator's son Grant Tavish is involved in a fatal accident, all he wants to do is face the consequences of what he's done, but the consequences never come, even if headlines of "affluenza" do. The truth soon becomes clear: Due to his father's connections, not only will Grant not be held accountable for his actions, he's going to get away with murder.

When a long Tavish tradition approaches, a cave excursion on the Appalachian trail, Grant seizes the opportunity to take justice into his own hands by staging an accident and never coming back. But before he has a chance to enact his plans, the cave system collapses, trapping him miles beneath the surface with four other teens from much less fortunate circumstances. As they struggle to survive, they share their innermost secrets and fears, and just when it seems they might be on track to finding a way out, they realize there's something else down there.

And it's hunting them.

The cover on this book really grabbed my attention. That's a lot of blood for YA!! I haven't read anything by this author before, so I really don't know what to expect.

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this one too! Though I still have 2 of her books on my TBR pile as it is! Lol!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read one book by Kim Liggett and I enjoyed it. I hope you love this one!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody cover looks awesome :D Seems like a great book. I hope you'll enjoy it tons, if you haven't already read it by now :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.