Waiting on Wednesday (443) Long Shadow (Hamarsson & Dempsey #2) by Elle Keaton

Published May 7th 2020 by Dirty Dog Press
Genre: M/M, Mystery


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Niall’s known nothing but betrayal. All Mat wants is Niall’s heart; what will it take for him to coax Niall in from the cold?

Mat's connection with Niall is tenuous. One step forward, two steps back. Since that night on the beach Niall's been avoiding Mat like a bad case of the flu--which, ironically, most of his deputies have come down with. What will it take for Niall to believe Mat wants him for who he is?

Mat's overworked, Niall's unnerved, and then things really go sideways.

Will a killer destroy everything before Niall realizes they are stronger together than apart?

Well, this book is already out, but I just read the first book 3 days ago and I loved it so much that I can't wait to read this one! The first book had a great murder mystery and a slow (really slow!) burn romance, almost to the point of being nonexistant. I'm hoping book 2 will be just as good as the 1st! (The cover is definitely not my taste, and I don't think it represents the story at all.)

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. Well at least your wait isn't too long! Lol. Yeah...I kind of hate when covers take this direction because really, it says nothing about the story. And it's rare when the model actually looks like the character too!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by today, Jessica! (The guy on the cover looks like he does MMA and doesn't use sun screen. But the guy in the book is a tall police detective, so the description definitely doesn't match!)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.