Waiting on Wednesday (444) Stranded (In Midsummer, #1) by Jessica Frances

Expected publication: May 29th 2020


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

One small town. One hot sheriff. One night of passion. One massive cold shoulder. One murder. One suspect. One chance.

I’m furious when my car breaks down in the small, quiet town of Midsummer, Arkansas. Then I meet the incredibly hot town sheriff and hope that things might be looking up. Unfortunately, that encounter sours fast, leaving me ready to put this town in my rearview mirror. That won’t be easy though, since my car has left me stranded here. Now I’m trapped in a town that has nothing to offer me.
Or does it?
When an opportunity presents itself that could see me staying longer than expected, I begin to notice Midsummer’s charm. I start to wonder if maybe staying won’t be such a bad thing. Even the sheriff is beginning to thaw toward me.
That is until someone commits murder and I become the number one suspect.
Can I convince everyone I’m not the murderer? Or will the real killer walk free?

This is a risky pick for me for 2 reasons: a new to me author, and a character with a job that I do not like. Don't get me started on "social media" and YouTube being considered jobs.

What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. That's a new to me pick! Cover seems a bit misleading as he looks happy to be stranded, yet the description makes you think otherwise. Hope you enjoy this one once you get to read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.