Waiting On Wednesday (517) Hostile Takeover by Lucy Lennox


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.


by Lucy Lennox
Published October 12th 2021 (Free)
Genre: M/M, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Will his temporary PA turn into something permanent when they land in Vegas?

When billionaire hotelier Luca Bernardi discovers his trusty assistant can't come with him on an important business trip, he panics. Thankfully, she calls in a backup. Only... she was a little under the influence of heavy narcotics when she made the call... and when the temp shows up wearing sequins and a tiara, Luca wonders if his PA has taken leave of her senses and arranged for a... worker of the night instead of a professional assistant.

As the PA to a renowned venture capitalist, Marcel Abbott knows his way around an investment negotiation. As far as he's concerned, he's the best temp this Luca guy could ever want for his business trip to Vegas. But when Marcel boards Luca's private jet, Luca treats him like... a rent boy. Just what does this man think the "P" in "PA" stands for?



Expected publication: October 26th 2021
Genre: M/M, Romance

Synopsis from Goodreads:

It was supposed to be a prank. A silly frat boy dare.

One hot moment in a hidden storage closet. One kiss. No consequences.

But if you get that close to a man with fire in his eyes, you’re gonna get burned, and I was no exception. One taste of Grey Blackwood ruined me for life.

The way Grey sees it, I was the one who did the ruining. I humiliated him. Wrecked his life. Destroyed his future.

Doesn’t matter that he’s clawed his way back and then some. Doesn’t matter that he’s already top of the Wall Street food chain. The man’s ruthless. Heartless. And he likes his revenge served cold.

Now he’s taking down the companies owned by every frat boy who did him wrong. And when he comes for my family’s company, the quiet life I’ve built for myself far away from Manhattan comes crumbling down, too.

But when Grey’s standing in our boardroom, threatening a hostile takeover and demanding I negotiate on behalf of my family, I don’t see an enemy. I see the chance I’ve been waiting for.

The chance for another night in his arms, and hopefully a whole lot more.

Let the negotiations begin.


I've been reading all of this author's recent works, including what she co-authors with May Archer. After reading them together and separate, I *think* I like May Archer's writing better. (Just saying.) Here's hoping I like both of my picks this week.

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. Nice picks! Both are new to me ones. From the very few author duos I can remember reading, I think I ended up liking their solo work as well. Though, my favorite duo doesn't appear to be writing anymore in general, so that's a bummer.

    Hope you enjoy your picks once you get to read them!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy hearing about all the upcoming books. I hope you enjoy these when you get a chance to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like nice picks! I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.