Waiting On Wednesday (564) Sundays with Oliver by Kelly Jensen

Expected publication September 12, 2022
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Two empty-nesters. Two bruised hearts. One chance to make things right.

Oliver expected to miss his daughter when she left for college, but he’s surprised by the size of the hole she leaves. Or maybe he hadn’t expected to spend his days watching grass grow and making sad cookies. Or to lose his job. Meeting Nick—the uncle of his daughter’s roommate—is a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy forecast. Nick is focused, talented, and as beautiful as the dollhouses he builds. Being near him might bring light and purpose to Oliver’s life.

Nick expected to miss his niece when she left for college, but he’s still figuring out how to cope with her absence, when his brother reappears after twelve years, complicating the emotional puzzle. Then there’s Oliver, the sweet, calm, and competent man who looks at Nick like no one ever has. Spending Sundays in Oliver’s company is the balm he needs, though Nick is waiting for Oliver to decide their relationship is too much work.

But just as Nick begins to get comfortable, Oliver’s need to provide for all of the people he loves threatens to pull them apart. If their relationship is to survive, they will have to learn to let go. For Oliver, this means asking himself what he really wants, this time around. For Nick, it means letting himself grieve the people who can’t come back and love the people who always will.


This author once wrote a series I loved. But I haven't read anything else from her. I don't know why. So I plan to read this in the hopes it will spark my desire to read her other books. Sounds like a good plan. Let's see if it works.

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. Nice pick! I hope you will enjoy this one like the previous books you've read from her!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that these guys are empty nesters, this sounds so good. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my WoW today, Wendy. My kids will be 25 and 28 this month and still live at home. So the 'empty nester' aspect is what interests me the most!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.