Waiting On Wednesday (581) Rocky Start (A-List Security #4) by Annabeth Albert

Expected publication: January 12th 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

I think I’m falling for my bodyguard co-worker. Now I need protection… from myself.

As a former SEAL intelligence officer, I’m supposed to be smart. Unfortunately, those smarts don't apply to love. I did a nice thing and took my heartbroken fellow bodyguard out for a Valentine’s dinner. Just us bros. But my plan worked a little too well, and a night that ended with a scorching kiss has turned into the most awkward morning at the office ever. Now we’re working together as bodyguards on a remote mountain movie shoot. And we’re roommates.

I’ve never been attracted to a guy before, but something about Avery calls to every protective instinct I have. We’re not dating, but every night alone together, I fall a little deeper. It's also Avery’s first time with a guy too, and while we’re both enjoying all sorts of new things together, I worry my heart will be broken when we return to civilization.

No matter how badly this may end, I can’t seem to stop wanting Avery. All of him. I want to see who he'll become if he ever manages to get out of his own way. I want to be his biggest cheerleader, best friend, and the guy he comes home to. But going from secret hookup to forever after is a big ask. Are we both brave enough to take the leap?


It is currently after 1 am and I just got back from the emergency room with my 25 year old daughter. 8 hours of sitting on a hard plastic chair. My ass will never be the same! Thankfully, it's just Mononucleosis (again!) and NOT Meningitis, which is what we were sent to the ER for. Scary evening for sure.

I knew I should have had my WoW post ready to go, but I kept putting it off even though I knew what book I selected for this week. Whatever. So here I am when I should be going to bed. LOL.

What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, i hope your daughter feels much better soon. Meningitis is so scary and I'm glad that wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.