Waiting On Wednesday (592) The Romantic (The Vers Podcast #2) by Riley Hart


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Expected publication: March 22, 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance
Synopsis from Goodreads:

Parker:

When it comes to The Vers, the queer podcast I host with my best friends, I’m "The Romantic". The one who’s looking for love in all the wrong places. If there’s a jerk close by, I’ll find him. I’m beginning to think my Mr. Right doesn’t exist.

It’s definitely not Elliott Delgado Weaver, the shameless flirt who keeps asking me out. We’re not supposed to run into each other in Vegas or get drunk together. We definitely aren’t supposed to wake up married…only, we do.

Before we can figure out what to do, Elliott’s family finds out. He doesn’t want to let them down by telling them it was a drunken mistake. My parents had the perfect marriage until my mom passed, and since I’d hate for my father to discover what I did, Elliott and I decide to pretend we’re in love and stay married for six months. Better to amicably divorce later than own up to our screw up, right?

All I’ve ever wanted is my happily ever after, and now I live with a serial hookup artist who never planned on settling down.

But then, why is Elliott so good to me? He takes me on dates, makes me laugh, and touches me like I’m someone to cherish. Our marriage is playing tricks on my heart because suddenly I’m wishing my happy ending can be with the husband who doesn’t think love is for him.


I really enjoyed the first book in this series, which is where Elliott was first introduced. Just let me say that he was a total ass to Parker and treated him like crap. I can't believe this is who Parker's love interest is. Hopefully, Elliott can redeem himself because I dislike reading books where I hate one of the protagonists.

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully he becomes a redeeming character! Eons ago, I read a book where the first one had this villain but then in the second book he turns into a reluctant hero. It was a pretty awesome transformation!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Elliot redeems himself and you enjoy the book

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.