Waiting On Wednesday (670) The Pretenders of Copper County (Copper County #1) by May Archer

Expected Publication: September 24, 2024
Genre: MM, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This is my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

It was supposed to be a straightforward protection job. Remove the target from Vermont, get him to the safehouse, keep him there until his mafia uncle testifies, get back in my employer’s good graces. Boom, done. Easy.

But it turns out things get complicated real fast when your target is an adorkable, accident-prone cutie with a shockingly low sense of self-preservation, zero clue that he’s related to the Fromadgio crime boss, and 100% too much inclination to chat happily with strangers.

When Chris compromises our safehouse (and accidentally starts a “lowkey, unavoidable” bar fight), our only option is to go undercover… pretending to be campground hosts in Copper County, New York. Make that married campground hosts. (Long story.)

Now I’m hiding out with a guy who’s obsessed with action-adventure shows and hand-knit sweaters, and whose most fearsome talent is arranging charcuterie boards, all of which is far less helpful in a gunfight than you might think.

Somehow I find myself listening to his happy chatter when I should be watching the woods, trying to figure out how his mind works when I should be getting us out of this predicament, and appreciating the way he looks in my shirts when I should be focused on getting my career back on track. But when the Fromadgios’ enemies finally find us, protecting Chris is no longer just a job. I’ll do anything to protect what’s mine… and there’s nothing pretend about it.


I really liked the novella that introduced this series and wish it had been longer! This author's solo works are so much more enjoyable than her collaborations with Lucy Lennox. (Actually, I like reading both author's solo works, but when they get together shit just goes over the top and ridiculous.)

What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice pick! That's a new to me one! Funny how you like the authors separately but not together. I keep meaning to read some of my author duos' separated work but haven't gotten to them yet. I might have read one or two here and there and recall liking them just as well! They were different genres entirely, so it worked out! Lol. Hope you enjoy this one!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.