Waiting On Wednesday (181) The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my absolute favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo TheSummerOf_zps4fe1e1bd.jpg

Expected publication: June 2nd 2015 by Simon Pulse

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The youngest of six talented sisters, Elyse d’Abreau was destined for stardom — until a boating accident took everything from her. Now, the most beautiful singer in Tobago can’t sing. She can’t even speak.

Seeking quiet solitude, Elyse accepts a friend’s invitation to Atargatis Cove. Named for the mythical first mermaid, the Oregon seaside town is everything Elyse’s home in the Caribbean isn’t: An ocean too cold for swimming, parties too tame for singing, and people too polite to pry—except for one.

Christian Kane is a notorious playboy—insolent, arrogant, and completely charming. He’s also the only person in Atargatis Cove who doesn’t treat Elyse like a glass statue. He challenges her to express herself, and he admires the way she treats his younger brother Sebastian, who believes Elyse is the legendary mermaid come to life.

When Christian needs a first mate for the Cove’s high-stakes Pirate Regatta, Elyse reluctantly stows her fear of the sea and climbs aboard. The ocean isn’t the only thing making waves, though—swept up in Christian’s seductive tide and entranced by the Cove’s charms, Elyse begins to wonder if a life of solitude isn’t what she needs. But changing course again means facing her past. It means finding her inner voice. And scariest of all, it means opening her heart to a boy who’s best known for breaking them.

Yes, I've chosen another contemporary for my WoW. Big surprise, right? I'm hoping this book is as good as the synopsis!

What are you waiting on this week?

Be sure to leave a link to your WoW post so I can visit you back!

31 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Not my kind of read, as you know, but still hope you absolutely love this once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pick, hope you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am really excited for this book too. it sounds really good and i am not about contemporary romance but this one for sure grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by Jenn.

      Delete
  4. YES! I have an ARC of this one and can't wait to read it -- love that cover so much! Great pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an arc too! I hope we both enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by Eva.

      Delete
  5. I really like the sound of this one! And the cover is so pretty =) I've had a run of bad luck with contemporary reads lately, but I'd love to find one that I'll love :) Hope you love this one when it's released!

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love contemporaries, but I still find some are hit or miss for me. I guess I can't love them all. Thank you for stopping by Alma.

      Delete
  6. I just started this one! :) I LOVE Sarah Ockler. She is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I'll have to check out your review when you post it! Thank you for stopping by today Erin.

      Delete
  7. I have an ARC of this one as well and can not wait to get to it! Thank you for sharing :-)

    WOW 

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  8. The synopsis already has you halfway swooning, doesn't it? I think it sooo cute! Very nice pick!
    Thanks for stepping by and sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swoon is right! I can't wait to read it. Thank you so much for stopping by today!!!!

      Delete
  9. Ah I'm SOOO excited for this one also!!! Awesome choice hun! Can't wait for this to be released (: !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading it! Thank you for stopping by today Haley,

      Delete
  10. Lots of people are looking forward to this one! I hope you love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, The Summer of Chasing Mermaids is DEFINITELY on my WoW list. Seriously, Sarah Ockler continues to be one of my all time favorite YA contemporary authors. I absolutely can't wait until June 2.

    So glad I stumbled across your blog today, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading this. Thank you so much for stopping by today!

      Delete
  12. This book definitely looks cute and like it would be a good read! I've never read anything by her but I've heard good things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No surprise! Ockler is super talented, as are many contemporary writers :D I'm reading this one next ish! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you think of it! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. This one probably isn't my kind of read, but I hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cover is adorable and this book sounds so good. Awesome pick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.