Review: Happy Again (This is What Happy Looks Like #1.5) by Jennifer E. Smith

Happy AgainHappy Again (This is What Happy Looks Like #1.5) by Jennifer E. Smith

Publication Date: April 14, 2015
Page Count: 84
Published by: Poppy
Source: Purchased

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Ellie O'Neill and Graham Larkin fell hard for each other when a misspelled email address unexpectedly brought them together. Now, over a year has passed since they said goodbye with the promise to stay in touch, and their daily emails have dwindled to nothing. Ellie is a freshman in college and has told herself to move on, and Graham has kept himself busy starring in more movies, as well as a few tabloid columns. But fate brought these two together once before—and it isn't done with them yet.

In this sequel novella to This Is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith revisits two beloved characters to tell the story of one magical night in Manhattan. When Ellie and Graham come face to face once more, can they get past the months of silence and the hurt feelings to find their happily-ever-after again?

 photo MyThoughts3_zpsezkjjrsc.png

This was cute and fluffy while being ridiculously romantic and sweet. Happy Again allowed me to get a small glimpse of Ellie and Graham's lives after the original story. I really loved reading this novella, I just wish it wasn't so short!

It's been more than a year since Ellie and Graham's summer ended. They promised to stay in touch, so I was a bit sad upon learning just how far apart they had drifted. But then a chance encounter in New York gives them the opportunity to reconnect. I loved the banter between Ellie and Graham and how easily they fell back into a comfortable togetherness. It made me remember how much I loved these two together in This Is What Happy Looks Like.

Happy Again gave me the ending that I was craving and left me with good feelings. This novella is a must read if you enjoyed This is What Happy Looks Like and you need a bit of closure on Ellie and Graham's relationship.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars  photo 4Stars_zpsoxlwexem.png

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm not usually a novella reader but this one caught my eye because yes, needed more closure. Love banter and I do miss this couple so I think I'll read it soon. Great review! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know these type of reads are often cheesy but I can't help myself, I love them anyways. Glad you liked this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.