Waiting On Wednesday (182) Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway @robinbenway

 photo WoW3a.jpg

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

Wednesday is my absolute favorite day of the week because I get to share the books that I am super excited about and can't wait to read.

 photo EmmyAndOliver_zps7bfb51d7.jpg

Expected publication: June 23rd 2015 by Harper Teen

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Emmy’s best friend, Oliver, reappears after being kidnapped by his father ten years ago. Emmy hopes to pick up their relationship right where it left off. Are they destined to be together? Or has fate irreparably driven them apart?

Emmy just wants to be in charge of her own life.

She wants to stay out late, surf her favorite beach—go anywhere without her parents’ relentless worrying. But Emmy’s parents can’t seem to let her grow up—not since the day Oliver disappeared.

Oliver needs a moment to figure out his heart.

He’d thought, all these years, that his dad was the good guy. He never knew that it was his father who kidnapped him and kept him on the run. Discovering it, and finding himself returned to his old hometown, all at once, has his heart racing and his thoughts swirling.

Emmy and Oliver were going to be best friends forever, or maybe even more, before their futures were ripped apart. In Emmy’s soul, despite the space and time between them, their connection has never been severed. But is their story still written in the stars? Or are their hearts like the pieces of two different puzzles—impossible to fit together?

I know, I know. Enough with the contemporaries. But I just can't help myself! Doesn't this one sound really good? I added this to my Goodreads tbr on Jul 24, 2012, so I've been anticipating this for quite a while!

What are you waiting on this week?

Be sure to leave a link to your WoW so I can visit you back!



29 comments:

  1. OMG. Emmy & Oliver is amazing! It was a five-star book for me. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I enjoy it as much as you did! Thank you for stopping by today.

      Delete
  2. Been seeing a lot of this one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to big into the love book due to the fact I'm a guy.. Hope you enjoy.

    My WOW

    Jason@GeekBoyOnThePage

    ReplyDelete
  4. contemporaries FTW! This book sounds absolutely amazing! I most definitely am adding it to my TBR! Such a good premise! Thanks for sharing!

    Sherry@ theBloggityBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about this one too. At least the wait isn't too long before you can read it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen this book before but the synopsis looks great so I may have to check it out when it comes out. Nice WOW. Thanks for check out my WOW earlier.

    My WOW
    Carolyn @GeekGirlOnThePage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this one as well, it just sounds like it is going to be a sweet read. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bel just read this one and I can't wait to read it as well. Great pick :-) Thank you for stopping by our WOW!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to check out your reviews! Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  9. Wow, SO many people are looking forward to this! I hadn't heard of it before this event... now I'm dying here!! Must. Read!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good! It's new to me, and I really like the concept. I hope you love it when you get the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man this is on my waiting list as well! It looks so cute! I tried so hard to get an ARC of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm usually pretty inclined to contemporaries, but I can't seem to connect with this. It sounds too big and ominous, and already too broken to be fixed just from the summary. I guess if the style is already raising red flags for me there, there's no point for me to go further. -- Bur of course I hope you enjoy, since you've been waiting on it for so long! =) Thanks for stepping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you're saying, and it may be a bit heavy and emotional for me, but I still think it sounds good. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. It sounds interesting, I may pick it up. I can't believe how long you've been waiting, though! Hopefully it lives up to everything you want it to. Great choice this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's been a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a book. I hope I enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. I've not read anything by Benway! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by her before either. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Ah I'm so excited for this also! Great choice hun! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.