Sunday Updates


I have been inspired by features from The Sunday Post from Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Sunday Summary from Book Twirps.

Books I Received Last Week:

Won - Saving You, Saving Me by Kailin Gow
Bought - The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton AUTOGRAPHED!!!!

*My 14 year old daughter read The Outsiders recently at school. I started talking to her about it and I was surprised at how much interest she showed in finding out what happens. I didn't want to spoil anything for her, so I told her she'd have to keep reading and find out for herself. She ended up reading the book in 3 days and THEN we discussed it. When she told me that her teacher was showing them the movie on the last day of school, she pulled out my DVD to see what it looked like. She could tell right away it was OLD, and we discussed the cover and the actors. She was really surprised at how many of them she knew! She really enjoyed watching the movie, and she has watched it at home 2 more times since then. I wish I could get her interested in reading more. I tell her about the books I am reading and she usually tells me that they sound stupid!

For Review - Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry thanks to Harlequin Teen




Coming Up This Week:
  • Beginning Wednesday June 13: Indie Author Giveaway Hop
  • Beginning Friday June 15: June New Release Giveaway Hop

1 comment:

  1. The Outsiders is a pretty amazing book. My class read it last year, and most of us enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.