Review: Show Me How (Thatch, #3) by Molly McAdams

Show Me How (Thatch, #3)Show Me How (Thatch, #3) by Molly McAdams

Publication Date: August 23, 2016
Page Count: 243
Published by: William Morrow Paperbacks
Source: eArc from Publisher for Review

Synopsis from Goodreads:

After her first love was ripped from her grasp four years earlier, Charlie Easton was sure she would never be able to trust anyone with the shattered pieces of her heart again. That is, until Deacon Carver forces himself into her life, and makes those pieces swirl in chaos. But Charlie doesn't know how to let him in… until a stranger stumbles upon a notebook filled with her innermost secrets, and shows her how.

Deacon Carver is known for sleeping his way through the town of Thatch, as well as the surrounding cities—something he used to take pride in. But that persona has haunted Deacon ever since he decided to leave that life behind for the girl he wants more than anything: Charlie Easton.

But when another girl falls into Deacon's life, allowing him to be himself without judgment for his past, will their conversations hinder his relationship with Charlie … even if he's never seen her?

 photo MyThoughtsBanner2_zps1bk1ovpj.png

I binge read this series, and maybe it was too much for me to take in. I had a few ups and downs while reading, but in the end, I thought this story was just okay. From the beginning I didn't like Deacon's antagonistic behavior towards Charlie. He honestly had no idea what was really going on with her. I felt sorry for Charlie because she was just trying to get on with her life after struggling for a few years. She really didn't deserve the attitude from Deacon.

Charlie was introduced in the first book in this series, but it wasn't until this book that I fully realized what life was like for her. Getting her POV really helped me understand her better. Deacon was one of those characters that you want to like, but you're never really sure about. I felt like things could go sideways with him at any moment, so it was hard for me to believe in him.

When they started spending time together, Charlie didn't know what to make of Deacon's changing behavior towards her. As the story progressed, I was never sure if the whole truth would ever come out, and if Deacon could overcome his prejudice towards Charlie.

I'm trying not to be disappointed in this story. I didn't really love it, but it wasn't ALL bad. I think Charlie's son, Keith, may have been the saving grace. He was too cute.

SPOILER:
Once again, the plot holes just about did me in. (There's a HUGE issue that was never directly addressed - Ben was an only child, and his parents were devastated when he died. But not once did anyone think to tell his parents that he had a son. I don't know how something like that was overlooked.)

This is another Molly McAdams book that will definitely have your emotions all over the place.

 photo 3 star WfW_zpsgrskuj2d.png
My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.