Waiting on Wednesday (379) A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades #5) by Cordelia Kingsbridge


Expected publication: March 11th 2019 by Riptide Publishing
Genre: M/M, Mystery, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is currently hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Detective Levi Abrams and PI Dominic Russo are reunited and more committed to each other than ever, but they can’t truly move forward with their lives until the serial killer who’s been tormenting them is behind bars. When a secret burial site is discovered in the desert with the remains of the Seven of Spades’s earliest victims, that goal finally seems within reach.

But just as the net is tightening, the Neo-Nazi militia Utopia launches their master plan with a devastating act of terror that changes the landscape of Las Vegas forever. As Levi and Dominic scramble to prevent the city’s destruction, they’re opposed by treacherous forces that propel them toward catastrophe. In the end, Levi’s fate may rest in the hands of the very killer he’s been hunting.

The race to save Sin City is on, and these players are going for broke. No matter how hopeless things seem, as long as they’re together and they’ve got a chip to play and a chair to sit in, they’re still in the game.

Sigh. This series. I haven't read book #4 yet. Honestly, I was pissed when the very first line of the synopsis for book #4 was a major spoiler for book #3 - which hadn't been released yet! Who does that? I reluctantly read book #3 anyway, knowing what was coming, but I didn't enjoy it very much. So I decided to take a break from the series. I think I'll be able to handle finishing the series and reading books 4 and 5 now.

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised they did a spoiler as the 1st line of the synopsis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds like a pretty intense series. I hadn't heard of it before but may have to check it out. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Sounds dark. And the spoiler thing is really not cool. But, hope you enjoy the last two books more than you did book 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is so intriguing! I hope that it is one you enjoy. Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.