Waiting on Wednesday (427) Without a Trace (Lancaster Falls Trilogy #2) by R.J. Scott

Expected publication: February 7th 2020 by Love Lane Books
Genre: M/M, Mystery, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When long-buried secrets are exposed and the search for truth becomes a race to save a life, how can two men ever hope to find real love?

Losing his brother has shaped Drew to become the man he is today—heartbroken, alone, but determined to make a difference in the world. Joining the military, fighting battles in places that he’s never even heard of, is his attempt to make amends for telling his brother to go to hell. After his brother disappeared, he’d clung to the hope Casey was out there living his life. Of course, he’d be furious at Drew, and probably hate his brother, but at least in Drew’s head, Casey was safe.

One call changes everything. Casey’s body has been found, and the hope that had fueled Drew’s constant search for the truth is destroyed. Coming home to Lancaster Falls to bury his brother and face his mom’s anguish and accusations, is a nightmare made real, and he has nowhere to run from the pain.

Logan has made a home in Lancaster Falls. As a police officer, he plays by the rules, and he would never think of working off-the-grid. All that changes when an anonymous tip crosses his desk, and he is thrust headlong into solving a hundred-year mystery that could be connected with the modern day death of Casey McGuire. Fighting an attraction to Casey’s brother is hard enough, but the infuriating man is there at Logan’s every turn, interfering with the case, breaking the rules, and demanding that Casey’s story be heard.

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so I was super bummed to learn that this book will not feature the same 2 main characters. The mystery isn't solved, though, so that part of the story continues. I just hope I like these guys as much as the 2 from the first book.

What are you waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. That's a new to me one! I hope you thoroughly enjoy it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy this one as much as the first and the new characters too. It sounds really good.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! This sounds like an interesting read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy! I'd be bummed too if characters I liked from the first book in the series didn't continue with the story but hopefully it'll work out well just the same.

    My It's Wednesday! Post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this series, hope you get it soon! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a shame this book won't feature the same characters, but I still hope it's a great read for you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Usually, I never comment on blogs but your blog is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.