Waiting on Wednesday (433) The Last Kiss by Sally Malcolm

Expected publication: March 26th 2020
Genre: M/M, Historical, Romance



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A tender and triumphant story of forbidden love in the aftermath of war

When Captain Ashleigh Arthur Dalton went to war in 1914, he never expected to fall in love. Yet over three long years at the front, his dashing batman, Private West, became his reason for fighting—and his reason for living.

But Ash’s war ends in catastrophe. Gravely wounded, he’s evacuated home to his family’s country house in Highcliffe. Bereft of West, angry and alone, Ash struggles to re-join the genteel world he no longer understands.

For Harry West, an ostler from London’s East End, it was love at first sight when he met kind and complex Captain Dalton. Harry doubts their friendship can survive in the class-bound world back home, but he knows he’ll never forget his captain.

When the guns finally fall silent, Harry finds himself adrift in London. Unemployed and desperate, he swallows his pride and travels to Highcliffe in search of work and the man he loves. Under the nose of Ash’s overbearing father, the men’s intense wartime friendship deepens into a passionate, forbidden love affair.

But breaching the barriers of class and sexuality is dangerous and enemies lurk in Highcliffe’s rose-scented shadows.

After giving their all for their country, Harry and Ash face a terrible choice—defy family, society and the law to love as their hearts demand, or say goodbye forever...

This author has a contemporary M/M romance series that I have been wanting to read. I haven't gotten to it yet, but it's moving up on my tbr! NOW I have this book on my tbr. It sounds awesome and I can't wait to read it.

What are you waiting on this week?

5 comments:

  1. That's a new to me one! Hope you positively love it once you get to read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new to me book. I will have to look it up.

    Here is my CWW: https://fangirlpixieblog.com/2020/03/04/cant-wait-wednesday-9/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of this one, but it sounds unique! Hope you get it soon!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new one to me and it sounds like it will be a great read!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! This sounds like a cute read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.