Waiting On Wednesday (464) Why I Held Your Hand by Augusta Reilly

Expected publication: October 23rd 2020

Genre: Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Laura Delaney loves her small mountain hometown of North Powell with its quaint charm, stately Victorian homes and surrounding hiking trails. Unfortunately, when it comes to attracting travel dollars, it can no longer compete with the flashy hot springs and ski slopes of nearby competitors.

That’s why she hires a hotshot marketing team to figure out how to inject the old magic back into North Powell’s sagging tourist trade. What she doesn’t expect is for the team to include David Harper. Smart, funny, handsome, and amazing in bed, he’s the perfect man. All she needs to do now is keep their relationship under wraps until the project is over.

But that’s easier said than done when she’s assigned to work with Spence Markham, the company’s offbeat “idea man” and David’s professional nemesis. When Spence suggests hosting a Dickens Festival to revitalize the town’s once-booming holiday season, Laura is thrilled. She’s even more thrilled when Spence falls in love with Powell House, the dilapidated Victorian that Laura hopes to renovate and turn into a town museum. But is Spence falling in love with her as well?

As the Festival nears, Laura’s feelings for both men intensify. Her relationship with David has only gotten better—and hotter—and yet she finds herself counting down the days until she can see Spence again.

Soon, what started as a simple assignment becomes a tale of two possible futures. But which one will Laura choose?

I really don't read too much M/F romance lately, however, I like this cover. Shallow, I know. I don't like cheating, though, so hopefully that part of the story doesn't piss me off. 

What are you waiting on this week? 

Last week I whined about my computer crapping out on me, now my clothes dryer crapped out. We've only had it a little over a year! Not a good time for it - my husband tested positive for Covid-19 so we're all quarantined for 2 weeks. 2 weeks!! This sucks. 

AND my birthday was Monday, so we relied on an Amazon delivery, and luckily, my brother lives close and dropped off a cake on the front porch for me. Go away 2020!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, not a fan of cheating either. Hopefully it won't tick you off!

    Sorry to hear about your husband getting COVID! I hope he heals quickly. Ack, what a way to spend your birthday too. Yeah, someone needs to take 2020 out already. This was not the way to start a new decade!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! This sounds like a cute read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy this book, but sorry about all the other stuff. Happy birthday. I hope your husband gets better quickly.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a cute cover, so I can see why'd you pick it. :) I'm not one for cheaters either or love triangles, so I hope you do like it. And so sorry about the whole COVID situation. I'm looking forward to the end of this year!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.