Waiting On Wednesday (505) Charles (Learning to Love #1) by Con Riley

Expected publication: July 22nd 2021 by Figment Ink
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Life should be a breeze for a playboy like Charles Heppel. As the third son of an earl, he lives for the moment, partying and playing. Settling down isn’t for him. Not when London is full of beautiful men who he hasn’t one-and-done yet.

To escape his family’s nagging, Charles applies for a temp job that matches his playful skill set. A role in a Cornish classroom could be his until the summer, if Charles meets two conditions: he must move in with the headmaster’s best friend, and teach him to be happy.

Living with Hugo should be awkward. Charles is a free spirit, but Hugo’s a man of faith, with morals. A man who almost took holy orders before disaster changed his direction. Only far from being a chore, Charles finds that making Hugo happy soon becomes his passion.

Together, they share physical and emotional first times. Ones that change Charles, touching his soul. He wants Hugo for longer than they have left, but learning to love with his heart, not just his body, will take a leap of faith from Charles — in himself as well as Hugo.

I'm sick. I've got a stupid cold / snot / post nasal drip / cough thing going on and not feeling the greatest. My daughter is counseling at a summer camp this year and she brought home the yuckies 2 weeks ago. My husband had it last week, and now it's my turn. Ugh. But I did manage to read a book each of the last 4 days that I haven't felt good. So I'm slowly catching up on my Goodreads challenge. So.... Yay???

I started a different series by this author last summer, but I only read the first book. I don't know if it was me, or the writing style, or something else but I thought it was just okay. I didn't continue the series because it didn't interest me. This is the start of a new series, so I'm giving the author one more chance to wow me before they go on my do not read list. (The 'list' that's not official or anything, and is only in my head, but totally keeps me from wasting my time in the future.)

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're sick. That's never fun. Hope it doesn't last too long.

    Hope you enjoy your WoW once you get to read it! I usually give an author 2, mayyyybe 3 chances series wise before I give up entirely. The third chance is only if there's something I think I might actually like after I written them off. I just read a book by an author as a second chance and I once again found myself not really enjoying it so I'm crossing them off my mental list.


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually give authors more than one chance because I'm interested in the characters. But then the writing or the story isn't to my taste and I can't continue. It's nothing personal against the author, we're just not a good fit.
      Thanks so much for stopping by, Jessica!

      Delete
  2. oh no. I hope you'll feel better soon! I like the sound of this one. I hope you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! When my kids were little it seemed like one of us was sick all the time! Charles looks great, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.