Waiting On Wednesday (572) Subway Slayings (Memento Mori #2) by C.S. Poe

Published: October 28, 2022 by Emporium Press
Genre: M/M, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Detective Everett Larkin of New York City’s Cold Case Squad has been on medical leave since catching the serial killer responsible for the Death Mask Murders. But Larkin hasn’t forgotten the anonymously delivered letter, nor its suggestion, that another memento—another death—is waiting to be found.

Summer brings the grisly discovery of skeletal remains deep in the subway system, but the circumstances resemble one of Larkin’s already open cases, so the elite detective resumes active duty. When a postmortem photograph, akin to those taken during the Victorian Era, is located at the scene, Larkin requests aid from the most qualified man he knows: Detective Ira Doyle of the Forensic Artists Unit.

With an unsolved case that suffered from tunnel vision, and the deconstruction of death portraits, Larkin and Doyle are descending down a rabbit hole as complex as the tunnels beneath Manhattan. And if this investigation wasn’t enough, both detectives are struggling with how to address the growing intimacy between them, because sometimes, love is more grave than murder.


The first book in this series, Madison Square Murders, was my favorite book of 2021. This book was delayed a few times, so I totally forgot it was coming until it showed up on my Kindle!! Now that it's been over a year since book 1 came out, I'll have to reread it before I can dive into book 2. I'm so excited!

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I find myself still waiting on one indie author's final book. Goodreads lies and tell me it released, but it never did. Never found an ebook or real book of it anywhere. The ISBN if there was one never came up on any searches. Basically, I'm glad this delayed book is finally in your hands! I hope you enjoy it!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very perfect for this time of year. It's so exciting when the next book in a series you love finally comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.