Waiting On Wednesday (595) Defying Logic (Valor and Doyle Mysteries #5) by Nicky James

Expected Publication: April 14, 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance, Mystery


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Two months ago, a catastrophic incident on the job forever changed Aslan’s life. It left him shaken and scarred, unsure if and when he would be able to return to work. Fighting to stay sober and battling his mental health, Aslan finds other crutches to help him cope.

Work and a challenging new partner have kept Quaid busy, but he spends every free minute nurturing Aslan’s wounded soul, ensuring his live-in boyfriend knows he is loved and cherished and not alone.

When Quaid gets entangled in a strange missing persons case, Aslan finds himself craving the job he’s abandoned. He wants to be part of the action.

To do so, Aslan needs to overcome significant personal barriers, and Quaid is willing to help in any way he can.

Their bond has grown exponentially, but what does the future have in store?


This is my favorite series EVER!! Okay, realistically, this is my favorite current series. I don't know for sure that it will end up being my all time favorite, but it will definitely be up at the top!! I love it!

There is so much to like about this series: the characters (obviously), the romance (which is at the boyfriend stage, but they just got to the 'I love you's', so there's room to grow!), but there's nothing better than solving a case with Quaid and Aslan!

What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. Nice pick! New to me one but I hope you continue to love it!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.