Waiting On Wednesday (596) Lament at Loon Landing (Secrets and Scrabble #6) by Josh Lanyon

Expected Publication: March 31, 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance, Cozy Mystery


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Fakes, folk music, and ghost fires.

When legendary folk singer Lara Fairplay agrees to make her comeback appearance at Pirate Cove’s annual maritime music festival, everyone in the quaint seaside village is delighted—including mystery bookstore owner and sometimes amateur sleuth, Ellery Page.

Lara is scheduled to perform a recently discovered piece of music attributed to “the father of American music,” Stephen Foster.

Several mysterious accidents later, Ellery is less delighted—especially when it becomes clear to him that someone plans to silence the celebrity songbird forever.


Another surprise release from this author. Well, I've already read it and I wasn't too impressed. I love the series, but this installment felt exactly what it was - rushed and a bit sloppy. Sigh. I do enjoy this author, and I love most of her books, but this series got all out of whack when she listed pre-orders and then didn't meet those deadlines. Book #7 actually came out a few months ago, so this (book #6) is almost a year late. I guess I just couldn't appreciate that it was released at all because it didn't add anything to the story arc overall. It's more of a throwaway book in the sense that if you didn't read it, you didn't miss anything. Hopefully the rest of this series will be better.

What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this one. Seems weird that this one came out after the 7th one. But I guess if order doesn't matter...but yeah, weird. Hope your next read from this author is more enjoyable!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.