Waiting On Wednesday (618) Equinox (The Lake Prophet Mysteries #2) by Eli Easton and R.J. Scott

Expected Publication: September 29, 2023
Genre: M/M, Romance, Mystery


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The tranquility of Prophet is shattered when a local trail rider is killed and whispers of wolf packs and murder spread like wildfire.

Three months after the murder of Mike Bressett, the sleepy town of Prophet faces another tragedy—the death of Billy Odette, a well-liked Makah man who ran trail rides for the tourists. When Billy is discovered to have been the victim of a vicious animal attack, dragged right off a popular trail, angry locals are quick to blame a wolf pack that’s recently moved into the area. But Sheriff Gabriel Thompson learns that the death isn’t as simple as it seems when decades-long animosities and secrets come to light.

A figure from Tiber Russo’s past cast a shadow over his blossoming friendship with Gabriel and dashed any hope for a meaningful relationship. However, as Tiber confronts the demon on his doorstep he turns to Gabriel for help, and all the reasons he has to stay apart become nothing at all.

While Tiber and a local wildlife painter fight to protect the wolves, Gabriel has to unravel a tangled web of deception, betrayal, and long-held grudges and as the mystery unfolds, he discovers Billy’s death is part of a larger plot that threatens his town and beyond, and when Tiber’s life is threatened, will Gabriel lose everything?


I just got around to reading the first book in this series, and while sort of interesting, it wasn't all that... so it was kind of just okay? Not much romance, but the mystery was good enough (if a bit all over the place with suspects.) But I feel the need to continue the series because I am interested in seeing how things play out. It sounds like there still isn't much 'romance' for a book being marketed as MM/Romance/Mystery. Hmm.. we shall see.

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. That's odd. I would think there would be a little more emphasis on the romance for a romance mystery! Hopefully that part picks up in the sequel!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Exactly what I thought too, Jessica. I need more than a 'look' and acknowledgement to be considered romance. Good thing the mystery is enough to keep me entertained.

      Delete
  2. That's such a lovely fall cover. I hope you like it if you decide to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very promising. I hope you enjoy it better than you did the first. I' sometimes find I like later books in a series more than I did the first book. Hopefully the romance will play more of a role.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.