Waiting On Wednesday (629) Matrimonial Merriment (Valor and Doyle Mysteries #7) by Nicky James

Expected Publication: December 7, 2023
Genre: MM, Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Who would have thought Quaid and Aslan would come so far?

Join the couple as they scramble to arrange Quaid's dream wedding in under three months.

Then take a seat because you are cordially invited to attend the ceremony.


Whoo Hoo!! I would like to claim that this is my most highly anticipated book of 2023, but it's only been 3 months since book #6 was released. So, not long in real time, but still the wait is killing me.

Sadly, the author also announced she is taking a break from writing this couple, so who knows when or if I'll ever see them again? Makes me sad.

What are you waiting on this week?




For those who want to know, my son's wedding last Friday went off without a hitch! Yay! The stress, though. My Mom and Dad made it to the wedding and reception and they handled it really well.

Unfortunately, 8 of the 14 people we invited to the wedding were no shows. This was after they rsvp'd only a week ago. I have no words.

The bride had 120 people attend, and my son had Mom, Dad, Sister (who was also a Groomswoman) Uncle, Grandma and Grandpa and 6 other people (only 2 were at the wedding, all 6 were at the reception but left after dinner.) My other brother didn't even show up. None of those who didn't attend have contacted us either. So I don't even know what to make of it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pick! It's such a rush when your most anticipated book is almost out and in your hands! I waited nearly all year for A Curse for True Love which was my #1 for 2023! Lol. Hope that this one is everything you're hoping for since the author said it was the last time they were writing with this couple!

    Glad to hear the wedding went well, but perplexed about the guest situation. Sad that they all RSVP but then were no shows with no call afterwards even. That's just harsh.


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.