Waiting On Wednesday (631) The Kite and Tallowwood Christmas Crossover by N.R. Walker

Expected Publication: December 22, 2023
Genre: MM, Romance
Novella


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
(WoW was previously hosted by Breaking The Spine.)

This my favorite day of the week because I love sharing and discovering new books.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Harry and Asher are living peacefully on the North Coast of NSW. Life is quiet, boring, and utterly perfect. Though coming from a life of danger and excitement, Harry worries that Asher will grow bored of the “normal” life. He misses the adrenaline, the action, and most of all, he misses his “baby.”

So Harry goes against his own better judgement and organises a special Christmas gift for Asher.

Life has been picture-perfect in the sleepy little town of Tallowwood. Since the horrors of the murder trial ended, Jake and August couldn’t be happier. Tallowwood was unassuming and uneventful—just how they liked it.

Even the town’s newest residents are decidedly normal. On paper, that is. In person, August isn’t so sure. He’d done background checks on them when they’d first arrived and found nothing, but something about them was off.

But when the Coffs Coast Gun Club sends an application for a Christmas gala day and a familiar name catches his eye, August is determined to meet the newcomers in an official capacity. He wants to see if his hunch is correct.

What was a surprise Christmas gift for Asher, might just unbox a whole can of worms.


This novella is just a freaking TEASE that the author is putting out there for a full length follow up to Kite. It just happens to be set in the same town as another of her books, Tallowwood... hence, the crossover. However, I'm needing a sequel to Tallowwood because when it was released it was listed as #1, and I've been waiting for a follow up for 4 years. Little peeved here.

Christmas is just a few days away and I feel like I'm not done shopping. I mostly shopped online this year (thanks first to Covid, then a wedding, and now I'm STILL sick.) I'm so used to shopping in person with my handy dandy 'WISH LIST' that something feels incomplete this year. Could it really be this easy? Eeeks.

I'm almost caught up on my reading challenge for the year, so yay!

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I feel you on the constant waiting for sequels! I haven't heard from one of my favorite indie authors since early last year and noticed nothing new by her has been put out there. I feel awkward trying to reach out to her. I was on her review list and always got to read her books for review. But yeah. Maybe I'll try sending an email in the new year.

    I love doing my shopping in person too, but found I did the majority of it online. Mostly because the items I needed weren't there in the stores. Sigh...

    I hope you feel better soon! and finally...I hope you enjoy this book once you get to read it! Crossovers are usually pretty fun too!


    Here's my CWW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new year would be a perfect time to try and reconnect with an author. I always worry something bad happened when authors go silent.

      My adult daughter has helped with the online shopping this year, so it's been easier than ever. Plus, all of us are easy to shop for. Heck, I don't care what I get, I'll take anything!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful day.